Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
15,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and came out with $7 worth of goodies. I found 2 really nice, heavy sweatshirts (been needing some sweatshirts for around home), 1 white, 1 grey and 2 tablecloths. 1 is white linen with a few yellowish stains and 1 is a card table sized with fall colors and flowers on it. Both are in pretty good shape but the small one is a bit faded but will look nice starched. I just lurve vintage linens. I really can't resist when I see a nice tablecloth for so cheap (1.49 ea.). Gonna do the Biz stain removal soak overnight in the washer on them to see if the stains will come out. Fingers crossed.

· Registered
651 Posts
YOu got some good bargins...I thank God everyday for thrift shops, junk stores and goodwill...

· Registered
155 Posts
Lisa,

Do you do a combination of Biz and Oxyclean to remove stains? I've got a couple of vintage tableclothes that have some spots I'd love to try and remove. I've used Spray n Wash but that's it. I'm willing to try anything at this point so I can use them!

· Registered
10,491 Posts
Wow great bargains and glad Biz did the trick! WOO HOO!

· Registered
63 Posts
I lurve old tablecloths too. But, what do you do with them when they're the wrong size or shape for your table?
If they are the wrong size, as in smaller, you can put it at an angle so part of the table shows through. Does that make sense?

Or you can layer two tablecloths. Put one on normally and then angle the 2nd one on top.

I have a slight linen addiction. :wave: :whirly:

· Registered
6,917 Posts
excellent !!!WTG!!!! I dont think we have BIZ here in PEI. i love my thrift stores too.

· Registered
15,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I lurve old tablecloths too. But, what do you do with them when they're the wrong size or shape for your table?
I can usually 'eyeball' pretty close to how they'll fit my table. Also I use them for wedding and baby showers so it's nice to have a variety of sizes and shapes on hand. You can also use them as a valance for a window or layers them on the table to make a nice table covering in a shabby chic style.

· Registered
2,149 Posts
I ihave a few old linens laying around, I used one for a valance in the bathroom, we have privacy film over the windows. I am starting to think I need to change it, but I love using old linens in this fashion.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.