Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I had computer generated manufacturer's coupons and the cashier tried to refuse them.
I insisted she call for a manager. The manager said they didn't take them from a computer, they had to be from a newspaper. I told her she was wrong.
She started scanning the coupons and when I checked my receipt, one of the $1 coupons wasn't processed. I complained to the cashier and she gave me a dollar bill.
I just sent and email to their corporate headquarters asking their policy on this type of coupon. I'll post their response.
It was $7.00 worth of coupons, worth fighting for!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Here is Walmart's corporate policy on coupons:

Walmart Coupon Policy

Walmart accepts the following types of coupons (see guidelines below):

* Manufacturer coupons (Cents Off)
* Free merchandise (or manufacturer's Buy-One-Get-One-Free) coupons
* Store coupons
* Pharmacy (Advertising and Promotional) coupons
* Internet coupons
* Soft drink container caps

The following are guidelines and limits:

* Walmart only accepts coupons for merchandise we sell and only when presented at the time of purchase.
* Coupons should have an expiration date and be presented within the valid dates. Walmart will not accept expired coupons.
* Internet coupons should be legible and say "Manufacturer Coupon." There should be a valid remit address for the manufacturer and a scannable bar code.
* Only one coupon per item is permitted.
* Use of 40 or more coupons per transaction will require approval by Customer Service Manager.

Link: http:

//walmartstores.com/7655.aspx

Hope this helps, I use to keep a copy on me and showed them or called corporate as you have done, they will usually rectify for you right away. Hope gets resolved for you soon.

Most are not use to couponers that use Internet or mega, they should be but.....sigh.... so educating them on their own policy is tiresome at times but well worth it especially for 7.00. You are in the right, and glad you are doing the steps to get it resolved though a pain. Sorry this happened to you.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is Walmart's corporate policy on coupons:

Walmart Coupon Policy

Walmart accepts the following types of coupons (see guidelines below):

* Manufacturer coupons (Cents Off)
* Free merchandise (or manufacturer's Buy-One-Get-One-Free) coupons
* Store coupons
* Pharmacy (Advertising and Promotional) coupons
* Internet coupons
* Soft drink container caps

The following are guidelines and limits:

* Walmart only accepts coupons for merchandise we sell and only when presented at the time of purchase.
* Coupons should have an expiration date and be presented within the valid dates. Walmart will not accept expired coupons.
* Internet coupons should be legible and say "Manufacturer Coupon." There should be a valid remit address for the manufacturer and a scannable bar code.
* Only one coupon per item is permitted.
* Use of 40 or more coupons per transaction will require approval by Customer Service Manager.

Link: http:

//walmartstores.com/7655.aspx

Hope this helps, I use to keep a copy on me and showed them or called corporate as you have done, they will usually rectify for you right away. Hope gets resolved for you soon.

Most are not use to couponers that use Internet or mega, they should be but.....sigh.... so educating them on their own policy is tiresome at times but well worth it especially for 7.00. You are in the right, and glad you are doing the steps to get it resolved though a pain. Sorry this happened to you.
Bless your heart, HappyMama, this is exactly what I needed and I was at the site but did I see it? No.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Here in Canada we sometimes have a problem with WM with internet coupons.Last week I had 2 $3.00 coupons for hair dye.It was a young cashier and she looked those coupons over and over.Finally I said to her,what are you looking for? She said she was looking to see if it said 1 coupon per purchase.I said I don't think that would matter as I have 2 products and 2 coupons.She finally put them through.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Does your store have signs that they accept coupons at the register? I no longer shop at Walmart (going on 2 months!!) but noticed the signs on 1 of my last Walmart trips.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here in Canada we sometimes have a problem with WM with internet coupons.Last week I had 2 $3.00 coupons for hair dye.It was a young cashier and she looked those coupons over and over.Finally I said to her,what are you looking for? She said she was looking to see if it said 1 coupon per purchase.I said I don't think that would matter as I have 2 products and 2 coupons.She finally put them through.
Boggles the mind, doesn't it?

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm not a Wal-Mart fan (going on my second year of not stepping foot in the store). Just a miserable shopping experience that I gave up forever more. I shop at Target and rarely buy items that use a coupon. HOWEVER, Target has printable coupons from their own website each week and those have saved me money on items I'm buying anyway. They've never even blinked an eye.

Reactions: Ramona

·
Registered
32 Posts
I shop at Wal-Mart regularly [because it's the only place in my area where I can buy some of the things that I need]
I have never had a problem with them not accepting internet coupons. Before I used any for the first time, I went to the service desk and asked about their policy. They said they accept any coupon that has a barcode that can be scanned at the register.

I know that many people won't shop at Wal-Mart; but I would rather do that than travel 30 - 40 miles to buy what I need. Also, there are lots of people in town that would not have a job if not for Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
YOU GO GIRL!!!!

Ours is pretty good about taking most anything.......and really good about price matching...........don't even have to have the ad......just tell them.........they change the price........:yikes:

Will be interested to know what happens...........bet someone just didn't have enough training!

·
Registered
66 Posts
That happened to me...one of the only times I used a coupon at WM, and I rarely go there. The cashier said she couldn't accept it then sent me to customer service who said "we don't take coupons printed off the internet".

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay, got my email from WalMart Customer Care and in essence, it says what Happy Mama posted from their website.

I just sent an email complaint from their website to the store with the details and I just noticed that the bottom of my receipt says they accept internet coupons!

Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I must go to the two best WMs in the world. I never have any of the troubles some of you encounter here. I go to one up here near our cabin (well not near, NOTHING is near us, lol) and the one back in Ohio. Both are accommodating and friendly and take any coupons. They have the best prices on so many things, I can't seem to stay away.

I'm wondering if some of these things that happen are the result of cranky/uninformed individuals who reflect badly on the whole store. It's too bad, because they should be happy to have a job now.

You did good standing up for yourself! :thumb:

Reactions: Ramona

·
Registered
651 Posts
Our Walmart has a sign at every register that says FAST & FRIENDLY service , that is till I haul out my coupons then it's a different ballgame I have to be on my game when I go to Walmart using coupons.Yesterday I went and because of 1 coupon it took me 1/2 hour , 2 cashiers and 1 manager before I could leave the store, the cashier told me we have to get these right or could lose our job.I understand but 1/2 hour.( I had to wait for the manager) It was the Buy the Olay body wash and get the moisturizer free up to 6.00 will the cashier told me I would be getting it close to free and that can not happen then the manager said that body wash was less then the moisturizer and he did not know how to process the coupon finally he say's manually put in 6.00 she says yeah but then she pay's .47 it worked out in the end but....... . I know how the OP feels!!!

·
19,119 Posts
Ramona and Scooby8themall - keep on going with using your coupons at Walmart!! You are so right to take a stand - it's your money you are saving!!

Reactions: scooby8themall

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
I found the post by Happymama very interesting. The walmart in the town I work in swears they can't take internet coupons. The last time I talked to the manager and told him "No problem because Target on the next block does and has good customer service!"

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.