Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think I complain much ,but I hate humid yucky weather. 95 today.We have windows that open out(crank out) & not the windows where you can easily add an AC. If this were July or August I might be a little more tolerant. Tomorrow is supposed to be hot again as I get ready for graduation. I've got to shop, clean,decorate & make 2 salads,deviled eggs ,cake and a meat platter. We'll be on our way to the ceremony at 8:35 Sat. to be able to get a seat.

DD brought her cap and gown home today as I was ironing it I was remembering stuff. Didn't cry ( surprise) and felt all kinds of stuff. Some of you have been where I am and know what I'm talking about. Some of my newest friends have just had or will soon be having babies. It's just something else. Very emotional. It will be over soon & you won't have to listen to me ramble on.;)

Stay cool and thanks for listening my friends.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
{{HUGS}} Darlene, what an emotional time for you, your baby is growing up! Enjoy the moment!!

Humidity - I'm with you, don't handle it well, don't like it and thank goodness we have an air conditioner, I really can't seem to function properly when it is that hot and humid, honestly!!

Make a list of everything you have to do and try and get a good start on it all tomorrow morning..........enjoy ticking off your accomplishments!!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I'm with you on the humidity too! My hands, ankles and feet are all swollen! :(

I agree with Heather, I would get up in the middle of the night to at least get the cooking done and take a nap tomorrow afternoon.

:hugz: my friend, I know it is hard. But Nicole is at least staying close by for college.

How's the driving lessons going? :D

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lists are made,thank you ladies. I do love checking things off.:) And ds is driving me around to go shopping. Wee :toothy:
Teaching teenagers to drive is so much fun.:loop:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Still have all your fingers or did you leave them on the dashboard? :laugh:

Kidding aside, I'm sure Mark is doing great! :D

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
{{{{HUGS}}}}} Darlene !!!!!!
They do grow up fast..... Robin has been going thru the very same thing with her dd. She is flying away tomorrow... She will be a bit closer to me and very near my brother. so that is good ! Enjoy yourself and try to stay cool.... It's humid here too and ya just can't get comfortable in it ......

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm with you on the heat Darlene! I hate it! At least I live where we have dry heat now and I do better in that than in humidity.
Enjoy your DD's graduation!:cool:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I hate humidity...:mad: I hate hot, hot summers. I just can't take the heat! It makes me feel sick, tired, lethargic...I love spring, autumn and winter. I cope better in these seasons...:)

Congratulations to your dd for her gradutaion!:) I wish you all a beautiful day on that special day!:heartsm:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Darlene, I am with you, Humidity stinks, LOL. I hate being hot and sticky. I wish I could send you some of this cool weather that we had today. It was in the 80s and really nice.

I am sorry that you are having to do all the cooking and getting ready in this heat.

Congratulations to you and DD on graduation. It is such an emotional roller coaster when they graduate. It seems like they grow up so fast. One day you are putting kindegarten art on the refrigerator and the next you are ironing the graduation gown.

I will be thinking of you on Saturday. :)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Darlene~ I hate the heat and humidity too. I don't think there is any escaping it, though I wish we all could.

Congrats to your DD on her graduation Saturday!

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Darlene,
Congrats on dd graduation. I think all your feelings are very justified. Being a mom is just so hard. We have them and love them and then have to let them grow up. Too Hard!!! As for that yucky humidity :mad: Its horrible here too. I just try and ignore it as my hair fuzzes one minute and then sticks to my head the next. Good luck and think cool breezes,

pat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts