Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the GE cafe series. DH insisted as he liked the controls in the front and the finish, whatever, I didn't really care after I realized the Wolf I wanted wouldn't fit in the space we have.
The electronic keypad in the front is so touchy! If my shirt brushes against it - and post c section belly coverage tends to be flowing - it turns the oven off. The brushed stainless shows every spot and I literally am taking apart the entire top every time I cook something to wipe it down top to bottom. I am so kicking myself for not living with my 1960s white hartwick for another year or 2. The super high boil water in less than 60 seconds (gas) feature is nice, but that's about it. Clean fingerprints don't show, but sticky 20 month old's do.
I did get an extra deep sink that I love and the resteraunt style faucet with the high power sprayer with the slinky looking thing over the tubing, love that, it power washes almost anything, just don't try this without a extra deep sink (trust me)
Also, and I have to thank dh 'cause I said I didn't want it, I love the hot water dispenser. It was expensive and I thought I wouldn't use it, but it is beginning to pay for itself with me being able to make a quick tea to go, rather than drive through coffee in the am. To make Em's oatmeal for school, rice, cocoa, cleaning bottles and sippy cups, it has been really convenient. Not sure though what it's costing me in electric.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I understand your feelings. I bought a fancy 5 burner, double oven a couple of years ago and I love it, but HATE the color. I will never in my life own another black appliance. Never, I tell ya! lol. Every little dust particle shows up on it and no matter how often I clean it, it looks scruffy.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
You guys make me thankful I still have all white appliances which are pretty old. I I love my double wall oven. But I do need a new dishwasher and would love a larger frig.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Stainless steel appliances are made for people who never use appliances.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts