Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hubby and I have talked about getting a dog for 6 or 7 years now, but have never actually gone ahead and done it. So on Saturday I came home from running errands and the cutest little Golden Retriever puppy ever greeted me at the door! I'm just beside myself. He's so perfect!

His name is Cash, and my husband got him as an early birthday present for me. He's 14 weeks old, so he's got a good start on being housebroken. We've only had one little accident so far. It's exhausting though. We only have cats, and I never had dogs growing up. It's a whole different world! The little guy needs 24/7 supervision. I am already so in love with him!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
He is so adorable!!! What a sweet thing for your DH to get you. His name is too cute - he looks like a Cash.

Do the cats like him?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Oh My Gosh, I am so JEALOUS!! he is adorable!!! What a wonderful surprise to come home too. I would love to have a dog, as would my children but we have to wait till we can move into a house. And golden retreivers happen to be my kids favorite. Congrat's!!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Congratulations to the new addition to the family

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
What an adorable little boy. And look how neat and tidy your house is! Good for you! :) Hope he doesn't make the cleaning more difficult for you!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Congratulations!! He is absolutely adorable. I know what you mean about the 24/7 supervision!! They love to chew.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Awwww..... what a little cutie he is. Congrats!

·
Registered
306 Posts
He is so sweet!!!!!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
He's adorable, give him hugs and kisses for me :)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the nice comments! Neeley, he's terrified of the cats. It's hilarious. They sit on the arms of the couch and loveseat, and if he tries to pass by they hiss at him. The poor thing just stands there and whimpers until I come pick him up. He has no clue that he could wipe them out with one swipe of his paw!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Congratulations, he is such a sweetie! I love Golden Retrievers, I want one someday :).

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
What a cutie! Congratulations!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats , I spent the best 10 Years of my Life with my baby Tio. Always make sure you get him registered or chipped so if he slips away some day.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
He's a cutie patootie. I love how he's sitting one one "butt cheek" rather than full on his hiney. Very relaxed looking. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts