Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Coupon stacking is using 2 different coupons for the same item. You generally can't use 2 manufacturer's coupons for the same item, but some store will let you stack a store coupon with a manufacturer's coupon.

For example - at Target - you can use a Target Store coupon for $1.00 off toothpaste, and also use a coupon from the Sunday paper for $1.00 off toothpaste, and get the toothpaste for $2.00 off.

Not all stores do this. I know Target and Walgreens will around here.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay that is exactly what I wanted to know.

Thank you!

Now another. If I was to go to a store that doubles and triples coupons if I have 3 coupons for the same item and I am buying 3 of the items or one per coupon, will they double all 3 or just the first.

The show on tlc confused me when they told the lady only the first one could be tripled.

That it was a new policy. Mainly I am going to coupon at Krogers --a store I never use and shop at my regular Super One for my regular groceries.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
If I was to go to a store that doubles and triples coupons if I have 3 coupons for the same item and I am buying 3 of the items or one per coupon, will they double all 3 or just the first.

The show on tlc confused me when they told the lady only the first one could be tripled.

That it was a new policy. Mainly I am going to coupon at Krogers --a store I never use and shop at my regular Super One for my regular groceries.
That depends on the store's policy. When I shopped at Giant in PA, they only doubled the first of each kind (but they also doubled $1 coupons which I haven't seen anyone else do!). Now I shop at Kroger, and so far I've noticed they double more than just the first, but 3 is the most I've used of the same coupon, so I don't know what their limit is. I've also never had a coupon tripled anywhere, so I don't know what the rules are there. I actually just emailed my Kroger to ask for their specific coupon policy since it can vary by region too.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Now another. If I was to go to a store that doubles and triples coupons if I have 3 coupons for the same item and I am buying 3 of the items or one per coupon, will they double all 3 or just the first.

It depends on the store. I shop at Winn-Dixie and Publix. Both double all coupons up to $0.50, no matter how many of the same you have.

We do not have a Kroger's so I am not familiar with their policies. However, go to IHeartKroger.Com. The lady that runs this site also runs Iheartpublx.com and Iheartsavingmoney.com, both of which are great. I feel pretty confident you can get your answer there. If not, you can email her. She is really good at answering emails in a timely manner.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
However, go to IHeartKroger.Com. The lady that runs this site also runs Iheartpublx.com and Iheartsavingmoney.com, both of which are great. I feel pretty confident you can get your answer there. If not, you can email her. She is really good at answering emails in a timely manner.
Thanks! Kroger & Publix are the two places I go, great to know about these sites!!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
It depends on the store. I shop at Winn-Dixie and Publix. Both double all coupons up to $0.50, no matter how many of the same you have.

We do not have a Kroger's so I am not familiar with their policies. However, go to IHeartKroger.Com. The lady that runs this site also runs Iheartpublx.com and Iheartsavingmoney.com, both of which are great. I feel pretty confident you can get your answer there. If not, you can email her. She is really good at answering emails in a timely manner.
Neither our Winn Dixie nor Publix double coupons...ugh

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Neither our Winn Dixie nor Publix double coupons...ugh
None of the Publix locations in Florida double. Nor do the majority, of not all of them, participate in the Publix Penny Item of the week. I assume since Publix doesn't double it there, Winn-Dixie decided it didn't need to either.

I hate it, too. When we visit my grandparents in PCB, I have to remember they don't double like they do here.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Also Cricket you will need to find out if the kroger will still double/triple. I know as of yesterday there were alot of krogers in the texas area that stopped doing that, with as far as i know the rest of kroger to follow soon!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Also Cricket you will need to find out if the kroger will still double/triple. I know as of yesterday there were alot of krogers in the texas area that stopped doing that, with as far as i know the rest of kroger to follow soon!
Oh no! I hope that doesn't include King Soopers which is a Kroger Company store! :(

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will certainly look into that for sure.

Today I shopped the Family Dollar and Dollar general with my coupons.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You guys are lucky I really don't have a store that doubles.. there is one but its a small town store and really I have never once yet found something that doubles makes it worth my while. I use coupons if i have to buy that item anyway but otherwise I just don't even bother there. Now Dollar General is where i have been finding the best buys lately.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts