Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Robotic vacuum cleaner! I am just cracking up. It is the "Roomba", ha even the name is cracking me up. It is about the size of dinner plate and a few inches tall but they want us to believe it has the power "of your convential vacuum cleaner". It is so funny.

You too can have a Roomba of your very own for a special low price of (drum roll please) $200.85 plus shipping and handling.

I just know all of us Frugal Villagers will be getting a roomba of our own.

My roomba says Hoover and is Kathy-powered, LOL.

I just had to share this, I knew that y'all would get the humor in it too.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Well anything would be better than the vacuum cleaner I now have. :eek:

It is kinda cute and if it does what it says it does, hmmmmm. I think the concept is great. Wonder if we can get them to make something like that that does our toilets!! :toothy:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I saw this too !!!!!!!!! I thought it was funny too..... I can see it caught inder furniture and burning out while I'm gone.....

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I've never heard of it, but I'm definitely not interested in it. lol

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'm not sure where I read it (maybe Reader's Digest), but I ready a humor piece on this little wonder. It seems you still have to pick up in order for it to work - no papers on the floor, and I guess dental floss gives it a run for its money! Cool idea though, wonder how it works on cat hair...

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Did anyone watch Oprah today? On the show she had a "spring giveaway" like she does her Christmas giveaway and she had one of these on there.

This little machine is so neat, it even knows when not to go down the stairs.

The kids were watching it with me and when Oprah said the price was $199.99, dd said "thats not frugal!!!".

I told them they had to save their money for one for me and they laughed hysterically. :toothy:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It is the same concept as the lawn mower, altho you have to put a wire around the egdw of your yard or it will cut the whole towns grass. But if it bumps in to something it just backs up and turns a littel till it quits bummping.

·
Registered
438 Posts
This wouldn't make it 10 minutes in my houseLOL After a day here there is so many little papers/toys/ etc on my floor. Plus the fact with three little kids I would be afraid that someone would step on it.

Although I do like the one that will mop your floor. The only room in my house that doesn't have carpet is the kitchen (it's also blocked off with a child safety gate because of Zach) and it seems like I am moping the floor on a daily basis.  I would never pay the price of it, but if I got it as a gift that would be great.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I saw one last year at the bed and bath store. A man was buying it for his wife for Christmas. I looked at it and thought it would only go a square foot in my house. It would then be packed solid by dd's and the cats hair.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
LOL! I actually want one, but I would never pay that much for it! I keep hoping someone will get tired of theirs and offer it on freecycle! Of course, I suppose a dog would do the same thing for the crumbs on the floor huh?

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Kathy,

I have wanted this for some time and well, can't afford one, but I hate vacuuming and I would love one of these so that my floors are clean ALL the time. It's not looking promising to aquire one though.;)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL, when I posted this 1 1/2 years ago, they were such a novelty that the Roomba was the only one on the market and now they are all the place by lots of different names. My how times have changed.

I love Oprah, so I guess I will have to change my opinion, if Oprah loves them, they can't be all bad, LOL.

I still only have the Kathy powered Hoover around here :D. I guess I am the Kathyba, LOL. :toothy:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yikes, I guess it was 2 1/2 years ago. The price is still $150 and up according to Amazon.com. :)

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
We tried one of these at Sam's Club last weekend. They had a display set up on a table w/ a dirty carpet. It's supposed to stop at the edge....um...it didn't :eek: and fell off the table & broke, spilling all the dirt it sucked up all over the floor. I won't be getting one that's for sure.

Oh, and it doesn't hold nearly enough dirt for my house :p

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
LOL, i'd love one and the sccoba too, what the heck, might as well get em both. Actually it might be nice to have the mopping one!! I hate mopping and have to do it daily!

DS1 is possessive over the vacuum, so he is my roomba, lol.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts