Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We rented *Pay It Forward*....you know that movie about the boy who wanted to change the world. It was his school assignement...

It's not a new movie...I rarely rent movies...Pierre rented it for me. I cried and cried and cried...It is one of the most profound and beautiful movie I have ever seen...I even think I want to buy the movie for myself...

Anyone else seen it? If you haven't seen yet...I HIGHLY recomend it!:)

Lucie

Ps...here is the link of the movie's site...http://payitforward.warnerbros.com/Pay_It_Forward/

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
It was a great movie. My mil liked it so much that she forgets that she mentions it everytime we talk. :toothy:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really!:) You must just love it when she repeats herself...;)

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I am so behind on movies it isn't even funny!! I could watch something that came out five years ago (who am I kidding maybe ten years ago) and it would be new to me!

I haven't seen that one Lucie but will look for it!:smball:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heather, I never see movies. lol I'm very, very behind! This movie came out in 2000...I think...But if you rent a movie, rent this one! Even Daniel wants to see it all(he only saw bits of it and was very touched by it...

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
My dd read the book and loved it. I too don't have time to watch many movies, but maybe I will make an effort to see this one.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Robin, you have to see this one! Now that I sw the movie, I felt like reading the book...:)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Lucie, I agree, it was a wonderful movie. I was touched by it too.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I agree with you, this was a wonderful movie. After I watched the movie (a long time ago) I ran out and got the book and read it. Then I ran out and bought 5 more paperback copies of the books and randomly gave them to people I love. I often think about the movie/book and think that I should be "Paying it foward".
This book actually spurred a small social movement. You can read about it on the authors website, http://www.payitforwardmovement.org/

Rhi

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I went and rented it after you recommended it. I loved it ! Thanks Lucie !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I'd love to see it based on all the good recommendations I've heard, but I try to avoid movies that I know are going to make me cry. I am very sensitive to things like that :(

·
Registered
948 Posts
I agree - this is a wonderful movie! Rhi, I love your idea of sharing copies of the book with people who are special to you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts