Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard the little peeper frogs last night and this morning. Yay! This means spring is not far off. I believe the saying is "thrice through the ice, then the last frost" It was 73* here yesterday, back to the 50's today and thirties and fourties the rest of the weekend, but once they peep you know winter is almost done. :applause: :applause: :applause:

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
It has been so warm here the last few days...I don't want it to end! Just keep on with the spring temps!!! We still have TONS of snow to melt.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Yay! It was 70 here yesterday and should be about the same today. It's already 56 at 10am and I have the windows open. I'm SO EXCITED.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
It is supposed to be in the upper 60's here today! I cant wait for Spring!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Geese are heading North and so are ducks...
They are starting to see robbins and red wing blackbirds around here.

·
27,948 Posts
Can't wait to hear the peepers. I have a louder sign of spring at my house. A flock of over a hundred, yes over a hundred geese landed in front of my house about an hour ago and are still honking and swimming around. I've never seen or heard so many at once before. Zowie!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
woodpeckers are out here, we've seen a few bees/wasps, and tufts of grass are sprouting up. :)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I have heard a lot of geese flying over head here today too. It looks like we are in for more snow showers here through the weekend and into next week. It's in the 50's today, but lots of rain (hoping it's helping to melt the snow piles :))

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
That is so cool about the peepers and also the geese. We've been having hot weather here, upper 80s and 90s, but I doubt if it will stay that hot for any length of time. I've had to use the A/C already.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I love to sleep at night with the windows open and the souns of the night frog. We have a large pond in the yard and it fills up fast.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
27,948 Posts
The ice broke up upstream & came floating by, huge chunks. You should have seen all these geese that were on a piece of statioinary ice , sleeping,with their heads tucked under their wings and standing on one leg just wake up and freak out. Their piece of ice was really moving, being pushed by other ice. It was so funny, they were like wth is going on?! Mass exodus. :crackup: Honk Honk Honk!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
:laugh: Hahahaha :laugh: Darlene you should've taken pics!!

I remember the peeper frogs, first time I heard them was last year - OMG its deafening when theres soooo many!!! But if it means springs a coming then peep away lil buddies and stay off the roads b/c I may not be able to stop in time for yas to cross! :(

It was gorgeous here on the weekend, I actually wanted to GO OUT DOWNTOWN and for a walk - WOW I never want that lol. Im just glad theres no more piles of snow and now all I can see is the mucky grass...only prob is black ice is sprouting more until the wet dries up.

C'mon spring!! Ive already started spring cleaning - huge vaccuum and mopping of the floors this past weekend. :tay:

:applause: :teddy2: :applause: :teddy2: :applause: :teddy2:

·
Registered
772 Posts
peep peep peep I love when you first hear that spring is coming!
We have birds here that I think are called kildars? i;m sure I didn't spell that right.. and we heard them this morning. My dd and ds were so excited. Last year they laid eggs in my back garden. :)

Happy spring! peep peep!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh yes, the kildeer are here, I have heard the sand hill cranes up in the sky while they migrate north. Also have all the birds coming back. Crocus are in bloom, but yes, the cooler weather is to return for another week or so, then another warm up. I always feel like we are getting teased in March with the short warm ups...LOL

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
well i wish it was spring here, it seems to come alot later up North lol

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Still no frogs or kildeer here.

But I did smell a skunk this morning :puck:
That's the smell of spring in the North Country :lol:

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
It's been beautiful the past couples days, today is rainy but not cold so that's a major plus :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts