Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going on hour number 14 with no cigarette:nerv2:. So here is to hoping for the best

·
19,119 Posts
You can do it. It may be the hardest thing you have ever done. You can do it!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been eating everything in sight lol :munch::hungry:

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
hang in there...keep going... you can do it... dont give in... just look straight ahead... do like Russ said.. keep busy..

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Bless you for quitting. I am SOOO allergic and I say thank you to ANYONE who is struggling to let go of that habit. Eat,suck candy,do a rain dance,have a tantrum-repeat. Anything it takes.
Remember weight can be taken off and avoiding cancer and a heart attack is worth your while.

·
27,948 Posts
Get yourself a bottle of water or equiv. with a screw on-off cap and drink that water and screw & unscrew that top as you wish. It'll keep your hands busy, water will help you flush all the crud out,help fill you up & rehydrate you with good stuff. Helped me when I quit smoking over a pack a day habit. Put some of your "saved" money from not buying cigs toward something nice for yourself for working so hard to make a better future for you & those who love you.
Go You! :cheergrl:

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Hang in there. You can do it!! It will get easier. :)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Keep up the good work..You can do this..Bottled water and Jollie Ranchers will become your best friends...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for the support. It has been 36 hours and I have definately got the nervous ticks but I am holding my own. :)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Way to go!!!! Hang in there. You can do this! :)

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Like Russ said..........just stay busy..........do some project that you have been putting off for a long time.......and quit
REMINDING YOURSELF how long it has been........it is just another healthy day.

For the eating..........get some whole cloves and put one in your cheek........don't chew it. Helps the oral part without adding
calories. REPEAT........don't chew it.......when it gets soft and 'mushy'......toss it and do it again.

My cousin used to brush her teeth when it got really bad....as she wouldn't smoke (right away) after brushing her teeth.
:laugh: She said it gave her mouth a 'clean feeling' and she disliked what cigs did to her mouth.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
You can do this! It will be hard but you deserve to be healthy!!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Well done so far and keep at it! :cheergrl:

Get yourself a bottle of water or equiv. with a screw on-off cap and drink that water and screw & unscrew that top as you wish. It'll keep your hands busy, water will help you flush all the crud out,help fill you up & rehydrate you with good stuff. Helped me when I quit smoking over a pack a day habit. Put some of your "saved" money from not buying cigs toward something nice for yourself for working so hard to make a better future for you & those who love you.
Go You! :cheergrl:
:yeah: As a former (albeit light) smoker, I think that's great advice from Darlene and I think Russ is spot on in suggesting you keeping busy, too. Focus your mind on other things as much as possible. Best of luck :clover:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im doing great with this guys. Thanks alot for the encouragement. My day today is starting off pretty sucky so I am a little nervous:nerv2: but I am going to do this come Hell or High Water!!!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hang in there, you are doing great!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:yippee: STILL SMOKE FREE. I still have cravings now and then but I am doing it yayyyy!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts