Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of the blue, my DH said he wondered if I could start cutting his hair. This was quite surprising, because he's gone to his barber since he was 8-years-old and he loves him (he's a very loyal person), plus he's very picky about his hair. So this was one of those things that needed to be his idea. :)

Well, we spent Saturday with his uncle, who used to be a very successful stylist, and Joe asked his opinion. Uncle Jon said of course I could do it and he bought us a set of clippers on the spot (the kind with the foolproof length guides) and then gave me a lesson (on Auntie Carol's back porch, with 5 other family members looking on; yeah, we are easily entertained ;)).

Since I have now had a "professional" lesson, that gave Joe the confidence to let me do it (and, as I reminded him, he used to let me give him a shot in his belly every 2 weeks for a year, and this is way less potentially painful).

And now we save $25 every 6 weeks. Woohoo!

Kara

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Woo hoo, you go moasmom ! I have saved thousands cutting hair in my family. We use to live out in the Northeast then California and it cost a fortune, so that saved me once I started. Now that we moved it is higher here in the midwest....LOL ( um.... not sure what that is about , they certainly are not Bumble and Bumble NYC quality and I am not paying that price if they aren't...lol)

You will save lots of money and time from appointments for him.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I've cut DH's hair for many years. He's almost bald on top now, so he gets a clipper cut- almost shaved all over. When his hair was longer I cut it, too, except when he went back to a flattop. I felt that the flattop was beyond my abilities.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.