Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Morning all
I just needed to vent since hubbys mad at me and ignoring me. I just got back from the Dr and he informed me that I need to have surgery on my knee.Its an out patient procedure,minor arthroscopic(sp?) incisions but I am scared to death anyway:weeping: he says it should help the pain.Holy Cow why me? So if anyone has any expiernce with this surgery...its called "lateral relief" please share good or bad!! Thanks
Denise

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Denise,

Don't feel bad for being scared, it is natural to be afraid at any type of surgery. I have not had it done but I did work on an orthopedic floor for years and I can tell you that you will feel like a new woman when it is completed.

I can relate to the fear of surgery. I shattered my hip in 1989 and had surgery to try to repair it then and had to have a total hip replacement done in 1990. The Drs told me that the life expentance of the prothesis was 8-10 years and I am on year 13. I know I need to go in and have at least one of the components replaced but I am so dreading the surgery that I just keep puttting it off.

I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Denise, (((hugs))) It's ok to be scared, like Kathy said. Don't feel bad. It will go well. Keeping you in my thoughts.:hugz: When will the surgery be?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Kathy and Lucie!!
I am not sure when the surgery will be Dr says usually takes a few weeks to get in for the surgery so.............I need to talk to attorney and see what I am supposed to do.He'll prolly say"have the surgery"lol!!Thanks again!!
Denise

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i haven't had the surgery, but a friend of mine in high school had to have it done on his knee. once he had it done and his recovery was over, he felt much better. he didn't have pain in his knee any more.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Katybird said:
Denise,

Don't feel bad for being scared, it is natural to be afraid at any type of surgery. I have not had it done but I did work on an orthopedic floor for years and I can tell you that you will feel like a new woman when it is completed.

I can relate to the fear of surgery. I shattered my hip in 1989 and had surgery to try to repair it then and had to have a total hip replacement done in 1990. The Drs told me that the life expentance of the prothesis was 8-10 years and I am on year 13. I know I need to go in and have at least one of the components replaced but I am so dreading the surgery that I just keep puttting it off.

I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts.
Omg this is so me...I shattered my hip and fractured my pelvis back in 1988, and had to have a hip replacement too. They said the same thing to me, and I'm on year 15. I too dread the surgery, though I've heard it's come a LONG way in 15 yrs.

I'm sorry that you need to have surgery Denise, and I'd be nervous too (because I'm a chicken about stuff like that anyway), but you WILL feel a whole lot better without the pain. :hugz:

·
27,948 Posts
Boy this growing older and dealing with this kind of stuff is tough. I have had knee problems but never had surgery for it. If no one here has had this type of surgery there is a huge chance someone online has & there just might be a web site just for that type of surgery. Google.com is wonderful!

I had surgery recently & found a wealth of info and people who went just through what I did. It helped me bunches.
Good luck & happy Knees to you!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
(((hugs)))

1 - 8 of 8 Posts