Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new rat cage came today :D

I'm so pleased with it ~ and so are 'my boyz'

I just had to tell you because nobody here is excited except me LOL.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
LOL! They look like they are having a great time Bev!:) I think rats make great pets, but my MIL and SIL would never come here if I had any. Hey, when I'm ticked at them, can I borrow yours?(your well behaved rats, not the inlaws);) :toothy:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah sure! ;)

Poor DH hates them LOL - when I was putting them in one got away and I've never seen him move so fast - DH that is, well and the rat but DH was funnier :laugh:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
One of the teachers at the school I used to teach at had a pet rat. Some of my male students thought it would be funny to try and scare me with it. Little did they know that "Ratty" and I were good friends and he used to come down the hall and visit me whenever he was let out of his cage.:) You should have seen the look of shock on those boys faces when I actually called the rat by his name and he came running up to me so I could pick him up and pet him! :toothy: I sure ruined their fun for the day! :laugh:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That is quite a cage Bev. I know that they will love their new spacious home.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
The look like they will be loving their new cage!!!! How great!!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Looks like a condo! I can see their smiles

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
That cage is something awesome. Do they jump around? I think it's great and so much better than having them crammed in a small space.

·
27,948 Posts
That's what I call a deluxe apartment.They are pretty cute Bev & Sooty made me smile when I was scrolling down& that little face
popped on the screen.

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
wow, I think they will love all that room!!
Looks like they could have lots of fun there.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Awesome pad guys! :thumb: Dh and I had a rat when we first got married. Poor Ralphie only had an aquarium to run in (and the house when we let her out). I bet they are gonna have soooo much fun! Too kool! :):)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:thumb: Aww thanks! I knew I could rely on you!

Everyone here is like 'So the cage came?' and 'HOW much!' LOL.

DH did help me put it together though, after I started losing my temper with it LOL.

The boyz have calmed down a bit now (for a while at least) but when I first put them in they went mad LOL - running up and down the sides and looking at everything. They can even get on top of, and under the sleeping box.

It's the first time they've had a box, up until now they just had hammocks, so they don't trust it at the moment they've pulled all the bedding outside and sleep outside just peering in.

There's LOTS of room for them to play and 'fight' properly now ;) It's really nice, despite the fact it takes up a lot of room, it doesn't seem to 'take over' - Its about 5ft high.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
WOW Bev, I glad you and the 'boyz' like thier new digs! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts