Frugal Village Forums banner

I know I'm PMSing and am a wreck but...

Tags
pmsing wreck
821 views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  ScrapMama 
#1 ·
I just want to stay home today and not go anywhere!:weeping: I miss being a full time stay at home homeschooling Mom even though I do enjoy my job. I don't want to teach my class today at co-op (we only have 2 more weeks until we are off for the holiday season). I just want to stay home, snuggled up in my flannel jammies and my fleece robe, cuddle with my boys (yes, they are teens but they still give their Mom hugs, kisses and lots of "I love you Mom"). They are great kids and I love them dearly.
I need TIME with my kids with no outside distractions so that we can have those wonderful discussions, learn something new together and just enjoy each other's company. Soon they will be grown and gone and I just feel like time is going so quickly and they are already going off in so many different directions. I need at least 1 day a week where we are all home together. I'm commited for the rest of the school year to co-op and to our Christian World View class along with our writing class and band. Since there are other families involved, I can't drop those. :cry:

Ok, I have to remember that this is just a season and it too shall pass right??? BTW, anyone got any cheese to go with my whine???

#2 ·
Would it be possible for you to make out a class plan and pass it on to someone else today?? Just demand it- I for one, need mental health days all the time - I just like being at home in my own little world - I know that you might feel too responsible butif you created a situation where all a fill in would have to do is walk in and present - couldn't that work?/ if you don't feel like being there you won't be able to hide "all" of your resentment - you probably won't get your points across as effectively. I personally think you deserve a day JUST for you and yours!! I am sure there will be other people at the coop who could step up to the plate - even a member of the class!! Love you. :heartsm:

#5 ·
Thanks Kimmee and Ellise. :hugz:

I filled in for another lady last week while she was on vacation. I begged all the ladies 2 weeks ago that we just skip last week so that I could have a break. No one would go for it because they all wanted to get done quicker (and I can't blame them for that). No one wants to fill in for me because I am teaching Shakespeare and they do not know the plays. Today I have the kids scheduled to read the first scene in Romeo or Juliet and then translate it into modern day English. It's not too hard to do but I know that the lady I filled in for last week would never agree to do it and they other 2 ladies are teaching the logic class which can be very stressful for them and they, like me, are feeling the pressure too. I do not want to put anything else on their plates.
I'm just going to have to suck it up and go and do this...
Please don't get me wrong...I love the kids there but I am just feeling overwhelmed, tired and I want to be home...

#8 ·
Thanks everyone. I so appreciate your advice, support and love. I think I'm going to call my husband and see what he thinks about all this also. He knows me better than I know myself.

I love you! :grouphug:

#14 ·
Sharing your whine today Debbie. I don't want to go out or do anything today or tonight either. It is our busy day here and then cadets/choir tonight and I have to drive almost 100 km before the night is over.

I'm going to declare tomorrow afternoon and evening off limits to anything but warm blankets, poppcorn, hot chocolate and a good movie with my kids:D

#15 ·
Aw, Debbie, I know exactly how you feel. I've made myself very sparse this week to everyone. I don't answer the phone and haven't made any playdates. It's been nice to refresh myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.