Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I just need to get this out, and you ladies are so caring and wonderful.........

The utility company called the other day. They extended my disconnect. I had to make arrangements to pay almost $300 a month to keep my gas and power on. The thing that makes me angry is almost 1/2 of the bill isn't even mine. It belongs to the people living in my tiny house.

(I own a tiny 3 room house, not big enough for the 5 of us. There is a couple living there, also having a tough time financially. They are suppose to be paying for the house payment, tax, insurance, and their own utilities, NOT!!!)

We haven't paid OUR rent in what seems like forever, though we got credit for the fixing up we did. Fortunately the landlord is a relative and he won't throw us out. (It doesn't help that dh drinks the equivelant of our rent payment every month either)

Fil passed away Wednesday (I think that's probably why I'm so stressed over all this) The funeral bill is $10,000! He had no life insurance. It's up to his 8 kids to cover it and the funeral home wants 1/2 of it up front. Yeah, right. The "sisters" (dh's 5 sisters and 2 sils) went to WM yesterday to buy groceries to bake for the visitation etc, then announced to me I owed them $10.75. I about lost it! $10 sounds like a lot of $ to me right now! If they'd have taken me to the store with them we probably could have gotten the whole mess for $10!

I feel so overwhelmed.

On the good side, a Hospice called me the other day wanting to know if I wanted to come to work for them. I had my interview yesterday and it went excellent. I offered to take call evenings and weekends when dh could be home to take care of the kids. (I told him it was his responsibility to stay sober enough to care for the kids, or find someone to take care of them for him. If I ever come home and he is drunk I WILL call child protection, I WILL obtain a protection order, I WILL get a full time job, and I WILL move out!)

Thanks, you guys, for listening.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Karen,
I truely hope things take a turn for the better for you real soon. I saying a prayer for you and your family right now.

pat

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Karen, sending you hugs and praying that things start to work out for you soon.

Congratulations on the new job, it sounds like it might be something that you need right now. Take care of yourself!!:smball:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm sorry things are so overwhelming for you right now Karen !
I hope they improve very soon ! {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Karen~You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the job works out for you and things improve soon.

·
27,948 Posts
Sorry to hear about your FIL. I hope things work out soon and well for you on all fronts Karen. Take care! :hugz:

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
Karen...I'm hoping all works out well for you...I'm sending you lots of ((hugs)) and prayers.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
Stand firm girl! I am sure your Dh knows when to take you seriously. As for the funeral, ask the funeral home if they can just accept the ground breaking cost up front. This should be around $500.00. They did this for us and spread the word that we needed help when dh mother died. It was only 3 months after his father died. Anyway when I went to make the first payment they said someone had taken care of it anonymously we still do not know who paid that $16000 bill! Godd luck with the new job I too think it may be good for you.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Oh, Karen...(((((hugs))))) I'm so sorry you have money problems....I hope you get that job. Keep your courage. I'll be thinking about you.:hugz:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Karen I am sorry you are having such a tough time right now. I am sending :hugs: I admire your strength. I hope it gets better soon for you.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Karen-I'm sending you all the thoughts and prayers,I've been where you are! Stand firm w/DH. Call some churches and ask if they can help with ANY of the bills you have. Also,check with the Salvation Army,and Community Action program.
Meanwhile-good luck on the job:hugz:

·
Registered
601 Posts
hi karen well you know i know about those dh problems with drinking... NO FUN... you are in my thoughts and prayers :angel2: and i am sending lots of :hugz: your way..

GOOD LUCK on the job......

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Sending you lots of :hugz: and keeping you in my prayers. I hope things get better for you soon.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Karen, you have my deepest sympathies on your loss. Good luck with the new job. :hugz:

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Karen, it always seems darkest before the dawn...Keep your head up, you're in my prayers. Trust yourself.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone. I feel lots better today. The kids were easy yesterday and I got to do some sewing, which I hadn't done in a long time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts