Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:box:
I'm heartbroken. I won't go into too many details, but I had a decent paying job with great benefits and an unbearable boss. When she's not around everyone is happy, we all do our work and hum along just fine. When she's there, she belittles the staff, speaks to us with a condescending attitude and in general just upsets people. Well, today during our staff meeting, she went off on all these problems that she saw. It all boiled down to our co-workers not bothering to be responsible for the information they are given. Instead of her realizing that they HAVE the information they're just to lazy to READ it. (BTW, its not a lot of info) So she blames my co-worker and I that they don't know the information. Not only that, but she scolds us in front of the entire staff with that smart a**, condescending attitude she always has. It was all I could do not to be rude back. So, I was standing there with my blood boiling until the meeting was over and I went back to my office. The tears came as soon as I opened my mouth so I shut my computer grabbed my purse and left as quickly as possible. I called DH sobbing and we met at the park. I laid it all out there and he told me, you can't go back. Its not worth it. So, I will NOT step foot on that facility until she is gone. I have done nothing to deserve being treated in such a way. I have sacrificed a lot for that place and I have been an excellent employee. I have to understand that she won't change so its my responsibility to get out. I'm just too hurt and angry to go back. I'm going to send in my resignation letter. I'm just heartbroken! I love the people that I work with, and I love my job and I could be really successful at it, but I can't tolerate her. She's going to run the place into the ground and its tragic. Now we are without 2/3 of our income and I have to find another job. The good news is, this should relieve me of a lot of stress that I don't need, because this foolishness has been going on for a long time. Thanks for letting me vent. *sniff, sniff*

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
:hugz:

It's up and up from here. I am positive things will get better.

·
27,948 Posts
I'm sorry but happy you don't have to put up with that bs anymore. It'll work out and I'm sure there is a special time ahead for that boss. Nasty people always get their comeuppance. ;) :stir:

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Sorry to hear your having a hard time at work but I am sure thing will surely look up after this, keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
(((HUGS))) Tiffani
I will never understand how grown adults can treat other people like that. I've worked for/with people like that. It's amazing the stress that is lifted off your shoulders once you get through the shock of not working there & realize you don't have to put up with it anymore.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am sorry your boss was a pill. I think you did the right thing, I am going to make sure I do that from now on when my job is unbearable instead of putting up with the conditions. I think so many of us put up with things we shouldn't have to at work, so that we have the money to put food on the table and keep the roof over our heads. (All important things, but we never think about what going to that work environment everyday is doing to our overall well being). I am sure that something better is out there for you :).

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I don't blame you for leaving a job where you are stressed. It isn't good for your health.

As the old saying goes, "when one door closes, another one opens.......to bigger and better things."

·
Registered
579 Posts
Some people just don't "get it" do they? That you cannot treat employees like little 2 year olds. Sorry to hear about your situation, sounds like a tough call, but I am sure your co-workers will understand your position. Best of wishes in dusting off the resume' and locating a more tolerable job.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks girls, I really appreciate you listening. My mom asked me to dinner tonight and we discussed our woes over tall beers and mexican food. She had to put her 17 year old cat to sleep yesterday, so we just drank and chatted and cried a little, but we had a great time and got it all off our chests. I feel tons better, and am even more convinced that I did the right thing. I'm so bless to have people who care. :hugz:

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Sending hugs your way. I hope you and your mom begin to feel better. I am sure it will all work out for the best.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Congrats to you for taking care of yourself! That is MOST important! That said, you might want to call HR if it is a large company, because they might be able to transfer you to a different group. Obviously, that doesn't work in small companies. I'm sure that either way, this is the first step toward improving your life. Enjoy what comes!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Good things will come from this. Good for you for standing up for yourself--be proud.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
A better job is right around the corner !If you are unhappy in a job with no hope of the situation improving, best to get out with your health and sanity intact.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats to you for taking care of yourself! That is MOST important! That said, you might want to call HR if it is a large company, because they might be able to transfer you to a different group. Obviously, that doesn't work in small companies. I'm sure that either way, this is the first step toward improving your life. Enjoy what comes!
I would love to be able to do that, but I work for a small non-profit religious organization. The woman who has been so awful only answers to a board of trustees. :shake:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Great job in standing up for yourself. Just think of it this way you didn't lose your job your boss lost a great employee. I really stinks when you have a rotten boss. Been there done that for 12 yrs. Finally have a chance to be an at home mom. Best job ever. I'm sure you will find something soon and make it a great success.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
How very BRAVE of you!!!!! I got a new boss about a year ago, and although she's not as outlandish as yours sounds, a job I enjoyed coming to I can't wait to leave. There have been definate situations where I've been wronged and should have walked. I've stayed to reach financial family goals....and the fear of how much worse it could be if I left just yet. Sending big hugs and cheering on your fearlessness!!!!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Good for You !
You deserve to be treated with respect, and you will find something much better down the road. I'v had a few of those myself, but were I work they switch them from store to store and we just have to wait a few months to see if the next one is notty or nice....currently have a plain old dud.
Hugs and Happy thoughts sent your way.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I think you did the right thing. I wish you nothing but the best of luck in finding a much better job.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts