Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning while flinging more stuff for a challenge I found another gift card that got stuffed out of sight. I guess out of sight, out of mind, really does mean something.

Found a $50 Visa gift card, tucked in a box...how it ended up in that box is anyone's guess...but, I sure am happy I found it! :)

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Didn't you just find an NFL gift card? I'm coming to your house LOL it's like Christmas everyday

Reactions: mombottoo

·
8,714 Posts
~I'm glad you found that! It's scary how much value is hiding in our clutter isn't it? Scary that we can just forget about things like that.
Maybe you should get a little lockbox with that $50 and designate it as the new home for future gift cards received. ;)

·
Super Moderator
19,680 Posts
I found a pattern today in a box of old papers. I had torn my sewing room apart recently looking for it, and finally concluded I had never actually bought it.

I was pretty excited about the pattern, but I'd have been more excited about a $50 VISA card! Congrats. It really helps keep the motivation going to declutter, eh? :D

·
Registered
672 Posts
I know this isn't the same but my mom finds cash on the street all the time. I'm not talking 1 dollars bills either. She'll call me up and say "I found a 20 dollar bill today" or "I found a couple 5 dollar bills today on the way to work"

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Wow...that is great...keep cleaning and decluttering...I have been doing that but haven't found more then a quarter..my husband knows every penny he has so the quarter was mine to begin with!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Wow...I wish I had your luck. About the only "exciting" thing I ever found decluttering( was when my older boys were younger) were banana peels & dirty underwear under the boys' beds.Lol -yuck.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't even want to think about the things I found in the oddest places when my kids were growing up...gives me shivers LOL!

I'm sure there are more treasures buried in the deepness of my dungeon (meaning the basement). I have been down there a little bit but, not as much as I should be.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
What a nice find!!! :clap:

·
Registered
99 Posts
i found a JC PENNEY gift card in an old wallet. Took it in the other day. had a balance of .73 cents on it! LOL

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
I would find old socks s that are gross and crunchy. empty or half eaten potato chip bags and glasses plastic that have rolled under the bed with fuzzies yuck so like your finds much better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts