Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been without an oven for well over 2 yrs now! My stove top works but the oven started building up gas and exploding out so anyways....since I haven't worked in well...2 yrs I couldn't afford a new stove. Even used out here people want $200 or more...well for Xmas my Dh bought me a Countertop Convection oven!! I felt it was a bit too much money since money is soooo tight for us right now but he felt it was a needed "extravegance" for me. I LOVE it...I can cook up to a 16 in. pizza in it. It holds up to a 9x11 pan...no more casseroles and enchiladas in the microwave :)
This is it:
Oster® Extra Large Digital Convection Oven - 006058-000-000 - Oster® Product Details

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Yeah for your hubby getting you a great present!!! Enjoy it and let us know how it cooks the food!

·
Registered
22 Posts
First of all i bow down to you for going 2 years without an oven! I've been without one for only 5 1/2 months and i am going crazy! I am jealous of your gift! I would love to have one! Enjoy it, what a wonderful hubby !!!

Reactions: mom23boyz

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
isnt it wonderful.. i had no stove for along time and lived on my convection oven. now that i have a new stove i still use my convection oven and have even replaced it and kept the racks, now i can put 3 pizzas in...lol

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yay!! I bet you feel spoiled now dont ya?!! When our stove was torn up and I could only use one of the eyes and we got it fixed I didnt know what to do with myself!! :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all for the kind words :)
Well I have made pizzas just those cheap 16 in Red Barrons ya know...18 mins they are perfect and so yummy!
I made corn dogs and fries....I think though...even though it has 2 shelves only 1 big thing can be cooked at a time...2 pizzas ok...2 pans~1 corn dogs 1 fries or 2 fries...no good
I made a tv dinner type chicken parm...maybe because its covection....the plastic container melted...said to cook in oven

Trial and error I guess :)

·
19,119 Posts
What a wonderful gift - from a wonderful man!!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
What a wonderful gift and surprise for you! Enjoy my friend.

·
Registered
719 Posts
We have an Oster convection toaster oven, too and I LOVE IT. I cook everything I can in it so as not to heat up the house (FL and all...)

Thanks all for the kind words :)
Well I have made pizzas just those cheap 16 in Red Barrons ya know...18 mins they are perfect and so yummy!
I made corn dogs and fries....I think though...even though it has 2 shelves only 1 big thing can be cooked at a time...2 pizzas ok...2 pans~1 corn dogs 1 fries or 2 fries...no good
I made a tv dinner type chicken parm...maybe because its covection....the plastic container melted...said to cook in oven

Trial and error I guess :)

Yep, you have to think of it as a regular oven, because it is...just smaller. Anything you can't put into a regular oven can't go into your Oster either. Most round casserole dishes fit into mine, and if you can find the smaller muffin tins, you can even make those in there. Broiled/baked fish turns out great, too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.