Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Very pretty! I even liked the first try where she didn't roughen the surface before painting... the red gives it an interesting look.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Those lamps are great! I would have never thought to try decorating them like she did.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Thats wicked! I'm going to share this with my sis who loves doing lil projects like these.

Thanks for sharing! :)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Nuisance,
I spent over an hour on this blog today! Thanks for sharing! I am so in need of a crafting day!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I like her whole site!!!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I seriously love the redo! They look so good. We have done our eggs like that in the past, but it never would have occurred to me to do a lamp that way.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Constance...I love a good lamp story...lol! In my house I'm actually known as the "lamp lady"! :) If I had it my way, I'd own a business doing lamp makeovers. I actually knew somebody who restored Victorian Era lamps and shades. I was so jealous. But yeah, I've been following her site for sometime now, but missed this project somehow. Loved it too!

Thanks for posting!

Theresa :)

·
Super Moderator
19,667 Posts
This has me thinking. I saw it when you first posted it and liked the redo, but didn't apply it to my own needs.

I have a lamp that I love, but the shade is huge and I don't like it. I've been meaning to donate the lamp, even though I really don't want to. It just doesn't fit anywhere. But now that this thread has been bumped up, it has occurred to me it's not the lamp that's the problem as much as the shade. Searching online for instructions on how to make a shade wasn't helpful to me, but upon further reflection, I came up with a plan for how to change the shade that's on the lamp so it will fit our space better. And it should be easy! I just need to find the right fabric to re-cover it with. I'm so glad I own bolt cutters!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts