Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love going to thrift stores for my household needs, clothing, and holiday decorations. Does anyone else do the thing?:jar:

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
I used to ALL the time. Got to be an absolute addiction. Then I went into ESTATESALES.COM. You sign up and recieve notice on where they are in your area. Got tons of cookbooks and dishware that way. I love finding older kitchen gadgets. There almost always run by a company so it's not awkward. Sunday is usually further discounted. They have a set amt of time to get rid of all of it.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I love going to thrift stores for my household needs, clothing, and holiday decorations. Does anyone else do the thing?:jar:
I do! There are quite a few of use her that do. Over in the second hand shopping section here a Frugal Village we often share out stories about our deals/finds.

PS: Welcome, Nice to meet you Freebie.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I was just there! Bought a skirt to make a costume for DD. Mondays are all 1/2 price days where we live. Other days are the color of tags.

However I do think for some housewares I do better at garage/yard sales. I am a haggler and always offer a lower price. Sometimes I feel the housewares are tagged a little too high for my taste.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Besides the thrift stores, we love to go to rummage sales on friday mornings when they are close by. Estate sales are great too.

The thrift stores here just had a 50% off clothing & accessories the Fri after thanksgiving. We had great finds including great winter coats for $4 each! Everything else I bought was $2 & in like new condition.

It is a lot more fun to shop this way than at the mall or any retail stores. I went with 2 family members & we all found things for each other as well as ourselves. we also bought things for other people in our lives.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I love to go to thrift stores and ust find some good things but any more dont find that much but there is always a crowd any time i go.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
just got DD 2 pairs of "velvet" sweat pants...for $2.99 ea...one is unworn kenneth cole reaction and the other is worn but not much and is the JCP brand!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I love thrift stores too! My husband and I have a set round of stores we hit every week. All of our furniture that hasn't been handed down to us has come from thrift stores.

·
Licence to Kill
3,475 Posts
I do! I do!! :D I absolutely LOVE to go to thrift stores! We go to Value Village (aka Savers) - especially on Mondays when it's 99 cent day for a certain color! I LOVE that!! :cheergrl:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
My sister and I make Christmas Candy every year to give away and some to keep. I buy ALL my Christmas Tins and so forth at Goodwill all year long...I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
yard sales and value village is mostly where I go .

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
We go to Goodwill somewhat frequently. If we are looking of something in particular, we usually start there. Our 50% off sale is this weekend, so we will be hitting all 3 on Saturday.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I don't know if I have been in a thrift store. Are you talking about a goodwill?? or the salvation army?

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
i was raised on thrift stores and i still love them, the last sat of the month all the clothes are half priced (goodwill) and kids clothes are less than $2 as it is.... score! you cant beat that, also great for jeans already nice and broken in

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yes!!!!!!!! I love thrift stores. We have 4 pretty good ones where I live. There's the Goodwill and Salvation Army, a sheltered workshop thriftstore and one that supports a battered women's shelter.

I volunteered at the BWSthrift Store and had the best time. Everyone was so friendly, and I had fun going through stuff people had donated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i too was brought up going to second hand stores. gotta love the $2 bag sales that the ones in my town has ! most of my clothing is from them, not to mention furniture and household items. why pay full price for new fall apart things when one can find better constructed older things ?
when i travel the first thing i look for in the town is a thrift store. lt's like the thrill of the hunt to see what you can find :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Today I bought 4 pairs of pants for my preschooler, and a brand new looking scrub jacket for work, all for a total of 11.51. The pants for kiddo don't look brand new, but new ones look the same after a couple washes anyway. I like being happy with the price I pay for things and knowing that the money is going to a good cause.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I love thrift stores too--I'm amazed at some of the absolutely great stuff there !

1 - 20 of 43 Posts