Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On thursday, no one bothers me. the kid is at school, the hubby is at work, and most of my friends are busy. A small thing perhaps, but I always get so much done on thursdays.

I do ALL the laundry (The weekend will be busy, and this way I KNOW there are clothes for Monday)

I usually bake on Thursday afternoon. (That way there are snacks for my family and all our friends over the weekend)

I dust, vaccuum and mop on Thursday. (House looks spiffy all weekend! Never let 'em see you sweat..or in sweat clothes for that matter!)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Good for you! :) I don't think I could EVER get all my chores done on just one day! WTG!

·
27,948 Posts
Supposed to be super windy today, hoping the power doesn't go out or worse.
Staying home today so no extra money being spent on my part & dinner will be made with leftover turkey.
I've got laundry to do & this may be the last time I have to wash dh's work shirts. That retirement day is coming soon! :yippee: Not frugal but he's looking forward to just throwing them away when he's done with them. Can't really see wearing postal stripes anywhere and he'll be happy not to have the reminder of a job he's thrilled to leave. I will snatch the buttons off before tossing though.;)
Not sure how many walks I'll get in with the dog today, weather is going to be nasty & keeping him happy without them will be tough.
Have a great day all.:)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I do that but on Tuesdays have fun today!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Busy day here today. The usual housework...I need to catch up. My new meds are kicking my butt. Nausea, and I'm really tired.

I need to go grocery shopping (yuck). I don't really mind the shopping, but I hate hauling it in by myself. I usually separate the cold stuff when I load the car at the store, so I only need to take that in when I get home. Then I take in the rest of the stuff later or have the kids & Dave bring in the rest.

Anyway, I'm almost caught up on laundry. Still need to finish Lauren's quilt. I also need to call the school to arrange for math tutoring for Kathryn. I have some returns to do as well, though I could mail them in vs. taking them to the store.

Have a good day everyone :)

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I'm off to Wally World with my motherinlaw this am. She is wheelchair bound so I'm here helper/reacher/driver. She plans her grocery shopping down to last penny. Can't believe the government cut her monthly food stamps from 112. to 98 dollars. These politicans should try to eat on that for a month.
RANT!!!!!
Then home to finish up my blue jean quilt topper. Have my padding piece ready to cut just need to find a black fannel sheet for the back.
Think we'll do chicken encildas for supper.
Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Michelle,
I do the exact same thing w/groceries. I only bring in cold stuff and let the family help w/the rest.....

This will be the first day this week that I can stay home and do some housework. All week has been run, run, run.....

I hope to do a major declutter today and a cleaning tomorrow. The only drawback is that it is the time of the month that I feel awful. This month is especially hard. Maybe its because I am 43 and its just harder to deal with.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I usually stay home all day Thursday and get cleaning, laundry, and some baking done. But, today, I am going to the OB doc with my friend and then we are meeting some friends for lunch. DD has piano lesson this evening. Still not sure what we are having for supper, really need to start making and sticking to a menu plan, on paper....cause dreaming in my head what I am going to cook for the week doesn't work out so well.
Have a good day everyone!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Sunny and warm here, around 60* by this afternoon. I have worked out to my tape, did the morning routine, pet chores, linens. I am going to work some more today on organizing and cleaning the top level. This afternoon are the Valentines parties at school, so I will go and help my daughter and the other room mothers.I have enough goodie bags for two classes, and will help with the games.I have a friend stopping by after her work and we are going to the gym to swim. Home for supper,cleanup and then a movie.This is going to be a good day, hope you have a good one too!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Thursdays are easy days for me too. I've been sick and busy for the last couple of weeks. Now that things have calmed down a little, I'm hoping to get some crafting done. I have coasters to make for a giveaway on my blog and a Christmas present to work on. It should be a fun afternoon!

Later on, I'm meeting my business partner for drinks and planning.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Thursdays are one of my favorite day's as well. I've managed to accomplish much this morning, on my 4th load of laundry, got my living room, dining room, kitchen and bedroom done! Made some home made vanilla clove spritz for the house! Made some cheese cake flutes this morning for snacks later this afternoon at the girl's volleyball game!!
Thursdays are usually a very productive day for me!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I like Thursdays OK.

I got my chores done (Flylady stuff) and dinner going in the CP by 11am.

Going to my sisters for coffee/chat at 1pm. :bfly:

·
Registered
688 Posts
I like Thursdays because I know that I only have one more day of work for the week! Friday's are even better!

I will start working on cleaning and laundry tonight so that it is less that I have to do over the weekend.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Spent most of the morning doing little odd jobs around the house and doing school lessons with the kids. House is looking good, all the laundry I needed to do is done and put away. Hubby is off for a nice 4 day weekend starting tomorrow, so it's nice to just get to hang out with not much to do.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I had to drive to the next county over for work and it threw my entire day off. The end result was that I wasn't as productive as I wanted to be, but I'm glad to have the day over. I'm mentally celebrating TGIF already!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts