Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had these denim scraps left over from hemming pants and I just thought they would make a neat skirt. So I trimmed the scraps to rectangles and sewed them together and then I decided that the seams would be irritating so I lined the skirt with ORANGE satin leftover from a costume and I put in some elastic, also left over. Put on a pocket and ..... here's Ryan's new denim, patchwork skirt. She loves it. I tried to explain to Mel that I made it and even made the material and that I had no pattern and he just said, "looks ok I guess". Men!

As long as no one sees that the lining is orange, I think we'll be fine.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Pat, I think the orange lining gives the skirt a certain jaunty flair. Well done, and so frugal!

BTW, are they you goats, if so, how many do you have?

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Great job Pat!:D

·
27,948 Posts
What a cool Mom you are! :clap:

PS~I think your very clever.;)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Looks fantastic to me!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
WTG Pat!! :clap:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Pat, you could have sewn your seams with the wrong sides together and then when you washed it, they would fray. If you did it that way, I wouldn't even hem it, just let it fray naturally. Sort of like that Blossom Rag Quilt that was posted.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Man, I love that skirt, even I would wear one like that, a little longer however.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone. You guys are the best pals anyone could ever have.

Dee - I almost did the fray thing that was in the quilt. I really toyed with it but had imagines of Ryan continuing to fray it while at school and ending up with no skirt.

Forestdale - Yes they are my goats. We have about 25.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Originally posted by paelthom

Dee - I almost did the fray thing that was in the quilt. I really toyed with it but had imagines of Ryan continuing to fray it while at school and ending up with no skirt. 

Okay, I didn't even think of THAT one! :yikes: :laugh:

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
You did a wonderful job. It's a great skirt. I love patchwork skirts. It's so cool looking and even more awesome because it was done with leftover pieces.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
It looks great Pat. (And the goats are adorable as well.) ;)

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
WAY TOO CUTE! Love it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts