Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~This week I used my free time to pour 69 votives. I bought the molds and wick pins new on Ebay. I plan to purchase wick assemblies on Ebay too. It was so much fun to make candles again!All of the wax I used was recycled bits, pieces and stumps of other candles I've burned over the last 3 years. Some of the candles have a vanilla scent, some have a spice scent and some have a clean scent. I poured white, orange, pink,green and chartruese. Next I'm on to finishing an apron I started for my sister.~

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I'll beat your place smelled wonderful!!! Glad to hear you had such success!

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
They look great! Do you have votive molds? (I think I saw them on the right of the pic) I've only ever made jar candles. I've been having the urge to pour some lately.....just might do that today. ;) Thanks for the inspiration.

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
~I've always done container candles up til now too. I just like the way votives burn. There always seems to be so much leftover wax in jars that has to be cleaned up. I priced the votive molds at Michaels 6/$15. Outrageous! And wick pins were a must for me. It's so irritating to have your wick get crooked after you've poured. I paid $31 for 25 votive molds and 24 wick pins. Wick assemblies seem to be going for .05 each compared to .17 at Michaels. So my 'free' candles cost .50 each to make but will cost .05 each herafter, unless I purchase wax and colors and scents.~

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Very nice! :)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Great job!!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
woo hoo! I love candles, and homemade is better. Are you thinking of doing them for sale? At craft fairs or such? (you could sell here in the marketplace too if you were thinking to sell to your village friends...hint hint)

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
love the candles, great job!!!! love the differnt kinds there can be made.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Another candle lover here!! You did a great job. They look very professional! Bet they smell wonderful!!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
They look great! WTG!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I love your candles!! I bet they smell awesome!!

Is ebay cheap on shipping prices?

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Awesome job! They look great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts