Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the chicken enchilada kind.

The box says serves 5-6. There's only 5 tortilla's in there? I was thinking 6 or 8, so I made some modifications since I'd have to make them big and I like them juicy.

You get a packet of "enchilada sauce" that looks more like salsa, a packet of cheese sauce, 5 medium sized flour tortillas and about 2 oz of shredded cheeze (barely enough) You are suppose to cook your chicken, mix 1/2 the enchilada sauce and all of the cheese sauce in with your meat, roll your enchiladas and puor the other 1/2 of the sauce over the top. I had to get out a jar of my free pace enchilada sauce to pour over, there wasn't enough.

They were really good though, I'm glad I didn't pay $6 (or even $3 for that matter)

·
27,948 Posts
Sounds like that would feed 2 1/2 people in our house,lol. Thanks for the review Karen.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Thanks, I just found coupon for $2.50 off on that. I wouldn't feed my sons sounds like.
I will stick to scratch cooking for sure now!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I tried those the other day. They were on sale for buy 1 get 1 free and I had the $2.50 off coupon,too.:D They were ok, but I don't think I'll buy it again. I have the Fresh Prep Italian Lasagne and Mexican Lasagne in the fridge now. I think I'll make the Italian one tonight.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
We tried the mexican lasagne and was not that thrilled with it. I would not buy it again. I did not think there was enough in the package to feed a family either.

pat

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I haven't tried mine yet..... I always stretch those kinds of things with my own ingredients to...

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
I tried the lasagne one, Granted it was easy. but mine is much better. and if I use my coupons I can make it cheaper too.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I still need to try mine. I'm thinking it might be enough for a snack for the boys!:toothy:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I was not impressed with the Lasagna. The noodles got hard when they were cooked. It certainly won't feed a family. I barely had enough for me and the boys. I would not buy it again. I have a Chicken dish to try too. I hope that it isn't as bad.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I tried the Fresh Prep Italian Lasagne and we liked it. It definitely dosn't fee 5 or 6 but it fed 4. Each person got one piece of lasagne and we had garlic bread, corn on the cob and big green salads. We always do it that way anyway because we're trying to lose wait. I didn't follow the directions because my pan was smaller than they said to use so i just cooked up my meat with my sauce and then layered it the way I felt like. The noodles cooked up fine. Maybe because it was in a smaller pan?

Rhi

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Thanks for the reviews. I haven't tried it yet, and may not knowing it will not feed all 5 of us.

:(

·
Registered
182 Posts
I tried my first one last night too. It was B1G1 and I had 2 $2.50 coupons. Boy was I glad I didn't pay but $0.50 for this. We had the Four Cheese Chicken Alfredo and I was not impressed. Needless to say, because it was not that great, I would have fed 6 people. It will do in a rush but not for everyday!!!

·
5,451 Posts
I cooked the Italian lasagne tonite, :yucky: I will be sticking to made from scratch.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sounds like it would have to be a side dish at my house and an expensive one at that - unless I get it on sale with my coupon.

Thanks for the info. ladies.

Kristin :)

·
5,451 Posts
In all fairness, I must say, my dh and 3 of my sons liked it (Italian lasagne) o.k.... I was the odd one out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts