Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this for CJ *Updated* Found the Pattern!

Congratulations on winning the baby guessing contest. I can't think of anyone else I'd rather have ds share a birthday with.

I want to show it off, I think it turned out really cute. I cant get a good pic of the heart and embroidery though with my cheap camera.

Ugh, ignore the dirty oven door please. Dd thinks it's a mirror!

Edited to add: I found the pattern for this at http://www.craftsayings.com/projects/small_gifts/oven_door_dress/index.shtml. Mine's cuter though. ;)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Okay I posted a post and its not here. Hmmmm lets try this again.

That is really pretty, now I can hardly wait until it comes.

btw - I couldn't be happier sharing my birthday with your little guy. I just love it!!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
What is the top made of? You should post the directions so that we can make one too...I love it!!!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
That is cute Karen. Lucky CJ!:)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That's so cute Karen, share how to do it please !!!!!!:D

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Great job Karen, please share the instructions. :)

Congratulations CJ! :D

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Instructions? I saw one that someone had made and went from there. I made a pattern for the top, cut out 4 pieces and stitched up the sides and "neckline", right side out and press. Decorated the front. Cut a cheap kitchen towel in 1/2, zig zag the raw edge. Pressed a bottom hem in the top part and sewed the towel to the back of it (I wish I was smart enough to get it on the inside, I have an idea now to try with the next one). Sewed ribbon across to tie on the sides and stiched together at the shoulders.

That helps a lot doesn't it. I sew like I cook, lol, don't really know what I'm doing, but it comes out OK in the end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts