Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and wondered how many others mow? Gabe always mows, but I thought I would mow for a change yesterday. I haven't mowed the grass in a long time. It made me wonder how often other women mowed the lawn.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I mow the lawn on occassion, sometimes someone else mows and I trim the bushes, etc..... just whatever works..we hve been having so many rainy days this summer that it seems to be whomever catches the yard at its driest moment gets to mow it..
:lol: :)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I mow occasionaly now that we have the lawn tractor. Jack does the weed wacking and trimming. I'm with you Vickie, we have to try and catch it at it's dryest too! :D

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I mow the lawn all the time. Dh works long hours and has a 1 hr. drive home when hes finished work, so I doing all the mowing. Actually I don't mind doing it, gives me some walking and some outside time by myself.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
We share the mowing. SO does the big stuff and I tend to do the yard work closer to the house (else he mows over my plants :mad: )

·
Registered
177 Posts
I do most of our mowing. DH does all of the trimming and edging. Even though we share all of our chores he still thinks the yard is man's work, but it is excellant exercise for me so I insist on doing it. :)

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
When I lived with my parents before I got married, I mowed the lawn (because I wanted to) until my dad bought a riding mower. Mowing grass is great exercise. Now, DH mows the grass, which is okay with me as our backyard has a slight slant to it.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I haven't mowed all summer. Dh uses the riding mower and I think he enjoys doing it, so who am I to spoil his fun? lol

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
DH or DD does all the mowing here, I rarely touch the mower. I do help weed eat or pull weeds from the flower gardens though.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I have never mowed the lawn in my life....:couch: (embarrassed) ...but I do water my small garden or care for my flowers...:D

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I start mowing the lawn and do the front and then the boys take over and do the back.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I do most of the mowing here--if I don't, it will never get done.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
I get the pleasure of doing our lawn when dh is gone. :rolleyes: Sometimes when he is home I do it to help him out. He can get pretty busy with work and not get home till late, so I take pity on him LOL.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
A few years ago, I was intrigued with the idea of a push mower( old fashioned, no motor). I bought one and mowed our lawn every week for a summer. Our lawn is almost an acre, so sometimes it took me a couple of pretty much full days( with frequent interuptions from the kids:D ). It was kind of fun but it wore me out. Now, my 15 yo ds mows for us, and I pay him a little$ for it. It's worth it. Dh works long hours, and this way it gets done!:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts