Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A knock em dead meatloaf. Does anyone have a tried and true one they wiould share?

·
Premium Member
20,606 Posts
I really like the recipe on the packs of Lipton onion soup mix. I just made it last week, and it was fantastic. I don't have it in the house right now, but I'll see if I can find it online for ya.

·
Premium Member
20,606 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,803 Posts
Here's our favorite~ we think it has better flavor than most recipes.

Easy Meatloaf
1 lb lean ground beef
1 1/2 cups chicken flavor stuffing mix (the kind from a canister container)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup catsup, divided
1 egg, beaten

Mix all ingredients except two tablespoons catsup. Shape meat mixture into a loaf and top with remaining catsup. Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes, or until center is no longer pink.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Brenda's Famous Meatloaf

3 lbs ground beef
1 large onion minced
1 green pepper minced
3 eggs
1 T. prepared Horseradish
1 1/2 C cheese, I use Velveeta or Cheddar
5 slices bread torn into bite sized pieces
Ketchup, Salsa or BBQ sauce enough to hold the ingredients together
Bacon strips for the top

Mix all the ingredients except the bacon, (use whatever sauce you choose) and put the shaped loaf in a baking pan, I use a roaster and add water to the pan and then sprinkle garlic powder and grouned ginger over the loaf, Salt & Pepper to taste then rub a nice coat of the sauce you used over the loaf then lay the bacon strips on that.

Bake at 375 for an hour then enjoy the compliments, everyone that has ever eaten my meatloaf loves it.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Years ago I tried the recipe on the oatmeal box. It was awesome and I haven't gone back to anything else. The oatmeal adds flavor and texture. Even ds#1 will eat it!

I did a search on their site and now they have a whole list of meatloaf recipes!

http://www.quakeroatmeal.com/kitchen/Recipes/searchreturn.cfm?Tab=Search

Edited: That link doesn't work. I'm looking for a page I can link.

Classic Meatloaf

Prize-Winning Meatloaf (this one sounds promising)

There's a bunch more from Carribean Meatloaf to Mini Taco Meatloaf Boats........

I'm sure whatever you make will be very tastey!

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks friends, we'll be having some type of meatl;oaf tonight, but now I have to research it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
A knock em dead meatloaf. Does anyone have a tried and true one they wiould share?
for 1lb of ground meat (70-80%lean, 90 is too dry) :1/2c oatmeal whole oats (not steel cut, or fine grounded) , mix 1/4 c italian dressing(i prefer zesty italian)/cesar dressing, mix into oatmeal let the oatmeal absorb the dressing fully, by mixing with fork. then add 2 eggs, mix with fork until absorbed by oatmeal . add spices however dressing will have spices already so dont need to add esp pepper or salt, if there is no garlic maybe add garlic powder, if you want spicer add more red pepper flakes (not cayanne powder as its too concentrated). add the ground meat in pulled off chunks at a time , start with 1/4 and stir with fork, and 1/4 at time and stir as between adding, this allows the oatmeal to be evenly distributed. form into a brick or rectangular shape. bake 1hr, cover the first 30 mins, uncover and add your tomato sauce or brown gravy . last 10 mins can add your mozzarella (fresh balls (at the deli counter) not the mozzarella a sticks won't melt properly) or smoked gouda cheese if brown gravy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts