Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zac will be gone the entire month of June for his two weeks of annual training for the Guard. (Yup apparently 2 weeks=1 month now). Since this will be his 4th or so Father's day that he has missed, I told him I want to celebrate Father's Day when we celebrate Mother's Day.

Which is kinda causing me to panic now, because, well--that's Sunday! :ache:

I have absolutely NO idea what to get the man. We just celebrated his birthday and I bought him what he wanted.

So what do you guys normally do for Father's Day? HELP!

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
That's so thoughtful of you to share Mother's Day with him! How about an outing that he and the children will enjoy? A trip to the zoo could be a fun time for them to share, with some good memories to look back on later. Handmade cards and gifts are always good too - these are the gifts parents usually treasure later, not the store bought ones.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An outing isn't an option, unfortunately. Zac is on 2nd shift at the pd and that basically kills the afternoon/evening.
Everything I wanted to get him is kind of out due to the upcoming deployment. The kids have picked him out a small, inexpensive present that I know he will love. Now I just need to come up with something from me.

·
27,948 Posts
I know you can think of something! :hubba:

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ugh, Darlene, that would be awesome but I am sleeping sound by the time he gets off of work. he will be gone from approx. 2-11:30 that day on patrol.

We won't be able to do dinner out that night either, but I could always order and pick up something. I know he has been wanting to grill kabobs, but I don't grill and he won't grill on his dinner break.

We did talk a bit and we did decide to celebrate in a small, simple fashion. We set a $25 limit. I am thinking about buying him a book or a movie.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
We did talk a bit and we did decide to celebrate in a small, simple fashion. We set a $25 limit. I am thinking about buying him a book or a movie.
Get him a book and write an inscription in the cover. He can take it with him when he goes to training. I know he won't have a bunch of free time, but when he does have a few minutes to spare he can read and think of you :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would hate the idea of my dh being gone so long. How about a journal? Record thoughts to him while he is gone. I'm sure there will be moments you will miss him and want to tell him something and will be unable to just pick up a phone. Maybe little things that you would normally not remember to tell him in a phone call, etc. And when he is home, it is a journal for you both to share about your life together. Maybe not a dear diary, but dear husband or dear wife. Just a thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts