Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far, I've had a shop every day this week but Monday (woohoo!). And one section I'm having a hard time with is how they want to to test to see if the CSR can cross sell you products and show you they have a knowledge about their various products.

For example, yesterday, I had to do a bank teller, so I asked her about their online banking, but I don't have an ATM/Debit card. So she suggessted their phone banking and how that worked.

Today, I have another bank teller one- what other types scenerio can I use where the teller won't have to refer me to a CSR. All I have is a savings account at this bank.

And what do you do when the person your shopping doesn't offer any more information than you ask for? For example, my shop for tomorrow is at a car rental place. I called this AM to make a reservation and evaluate the process. Well, one of the questions on the form asks if the associate has a solid knowledge of the vehicle types, features and rates. But here's how the conversation went:

"XXX Motors, this is Jim"

"Hi, I'd like to find out about renting a car for tomorrow"

"OK" silence

"I was thinking maybe a compact car"

"Compact cars are $xx+ tax, would you like to reserve one"

I said sure and he got all my info

He didn't ask about any particular features or models I was looking for, and didn't really give me a chance to ask questions about rental procedures and policies. It was like he was trying to get me off the phone as quick as possible. But I have to evaluate if he was able to answer my questions, giving him an excellent, good fair, poor etc. I didn't get a chance to ask him anything. So what do you do as far as rating in this type of situation? I know to definitely put it in the comments. But at the same time, I feel I didn't do my job by not asking questions about it, since he made it so cut and dry and I've never rented a car before so I don't know what to ask.

Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I'd definately put it in the comments- then just rate it as a fair. He answered the questions you asked, but certainly didn't offer anything more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts