Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been asked by a friend to make her a few cards, one is a "sorry I missed your bridal shower" card and one is a Thank you card. And a few others. I have been crafting like a crazed woman here, but have hit a stumbling block here. the sorry card is giving me the most difficulty... any poem ideas, any thing at all would be most appreciated... have you gotten any sorry cards that you could tell me what the inside "verse" (i have no idea what the print inside a card is called) was... Any special poems inside a thnak you card?? I am seriously brain cramping!!

:smhelp:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I am thinking :confused: but couldn't you leave the inside blank for your friend to write whatever she wanted in them?

It would be easier for you ;) And more personal from her.

If not I guess I'll have to think harder! lol

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what i was thinking too, then she asked if i'd find something special to put inside! :eek: I am tempted to go to the store and copy down some of the things in their cards!!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
oh don't you just hate complicated people! LOL (don't say yes I am one rofl)

When I do my own poems they are about MY life and things that are close and emotional to ME so they just 'come' to me, that's how I write. So to do something for somebody else is very hard!

Maybe that's why most cards are one-liners as nobody else can think of anything either LOL.

The majority of cards are things like:
I'm so sorry.
Sorry I missed your special day.
or just plain Sorry! (how boring are they lol)

It's even harder for me to think of a poem because we are really boring here and we don't have bridal/baby/graduation showers etc. It's just not something we celebrate :confused:

So I will keep thinking but if she wants you to actually write a poem some more personal info would help you - like how she actually 'feels' so you can try and get inside 'her' head (if that makes sense?) I did write a poem once on my mothers behalf for somebody else but I asked her LOADS of questions first.

I don't see any harm in looking at other cards and even stealing what they wrote! As long as your card isn't for sale I don't think it would do any harm, or just change the words slightly and then there is no problem. But if your cards are as boring as ours you're likely to find - So Sorry. and that'll be about it! :eek:

If you had more info about what she 'really' wants, rather than - can you do it? LOL maybe we could make something a bit better up?

I'll keep thinking about it anyway.

Oh and next time - get PAID first LOL ;)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL Bev, I looked at my own saved cards and boxed sets I have and all I found was : So Sorry, My Symapthies, Sorry :confused:

Sigh. I am just gonna do em up as much as I can. I will scan em to show everyone and get opinions once I am done.

Shouldn't be too much longer now and I'll be done with them as much as I can for now.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Ok Melissa like I said I don't know your friend, or hers AND we don't do bridal showers!!!! :confused: So it's not like it's HARD or anything LOL.

But how about this: (if it's rubbish that's ok but it's 4.30am here lol)

So this is all I can come up with:

I'm so sorry I missed your Special Day,
It's not that I don't care,
You are such a wonderful friend,
How I wish I had been there.

But my heart was right there with you,
My thoughts were with you too,
And I sent a wish to heaven,
That your dreams would all come true!

Wishing you a wonderful life together
All my love blah de blah.

Or failing that how about - So Sorry - ROFL

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow Bev, that is great!!!!!! I love it!!!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
:thanx: LOL.

Phew! Glad we sorted that out - next time the doorbell rings do what I do and lay on the floor pretending to be out! LOL (and I wonder why I don't have friends LOL)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL Bev... Or pretend to be horribly ill maybe?? :toothy:

here's the card i have been working on. I will post the other cards as I finish them.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmmm the scanner kinda squished it, and the colors on the scan didn't come through as well as they should have. i don't know why the cream has pinkish color on it, i am looking at the ard and i see no pink on the cream :confused:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
LOL my camera has that effect on my cards too - it's annoying isn't it!

The card is beautiful anyway - Pink or cream. Well done!

How did you make it? On the computer or with rubber stamps or what?

I'm actually begging for some new ideas here LOL - I'm getting bored with what I'm doing they all seem to have the 'same style' :(

It's lovely - did I say that?

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
oh me again LOL - I need some copyright free details LOL - I'm SO bored of my cards!

Text, hearts, colour, HOW? I'm meant to be making cards right now but I just keep looking at my things going DUH?

Do you do that sometimes? Please don't say you don't (just humour me! LOL)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I always seem to run into "creative block" I look in websites and so on for ideas, but don't want to do one exactly the same as they are on the site, book, or magazine. SO I do know Bev exactly what you mean. :)

I used a stensil for the lettering, different colored pensils to make the tinted look to the lettering. The hearts are actually stickers i had laying around. (actually i am a sticker packrat, lol ) so there wasn't any coloring done at all with the hearts. i used the cardstocks as you can see to maybe accent some of the colors in the stickers. on the inside i used your poem (hope that's ok). here's the inside... :)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I'm here!! :D

Melissa that is a lovely card, you friend should be very pleased!

Bev, You are a wonder! :D That poem is just beautiful!! :thumb:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh and on the inside, i wrote the poem out in my own handwriting to give the card a "casual" look.

(what the heck is up with my scanner??)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I think it's all great :thumb:

I'm glad Diana popped in I was beginning to think we were invisable LOL.

I thought I'd get flash and say I'll send you the bill for the poem but then you might send me a BIGGER bill for the instructions so we'll call it quits LOL :hugz:

You were brave using your own handwriting! :eek: It looks REALLY nice from what I can see, I could never do that I don't write straight LOL.

Good Job Melissa ~ I hope your friend can afford you! ;)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am glad too that you popped in Diana!! :D

Bev, it took me forever to print the inside... my handwrriting is awful. SO i had to write each letter very carefully so it could be read....and I have a stamp that has lines so you can print lines onto plain cardstocks or paper...that's how i got the writing even.

Here's the second card. It is a thank you card. On the inside I simply stamped a Thank you" in green so i didn't scan the inside. The butterfly here on the front is stamped, embossed, then i used a very light wash with watercoloring

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
That's lovely!

I didn't know you could wash over embossing ~ I only tried embossing once on scrap paper because the stuff came in a stamping kit I bought and I couldn't think how you would further decorate it after that - DUH? lol.

I spent loads on stamps and never really used them - I'm not much good at it they either don't all come out or I smudge them or just generally make a mess and then get the ump lol.

I have started to practice again recently though as it finishes off the cards (when I can get it right!!!)

I have lots of religous stamps and thats the kind of cards I'm making most of at the moment but I still think the computer is easier, having said that my printer keeps chewing up cardstock at the moment! :eek: ~ These things are sent to try us :furious: LOL.

Great Card Melissa ~ You did really Good! ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts