Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having our first 80 degree days this year, and since we don't have central air here, I am looking for recipes that I can make for dinner without heating my already-hot kitchen.

Thanks! :)

·
27,948 Posts
Do you have a crockpot Michelle? In the warmer weather if we don't grill we usually have the crockpot hooked up outdoors (using a good 'ol extention cord) or down in the cellar.

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
I do lots of salads and stir fry. One night or on a cool day I boil 2 pounds of pasta (usually ziti or rotini) then use them through the week. I use it in pasta salad, green salad, I do a quick stir fry of kielbasi, peppers, mushrooms and put it over the pasta. It saves me a lot of time and I don't heat up the house so much. I do wrap sandwiches to--lots of veggies and grilled chicken.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I like salads too !!!!!
Try doing a lot of cooking all at once while your in the garden....
Bake a lot of chicken to add to stir fry, add to salads, reheat, or add to burritos through the rest of the week or so.....

·
Registered
184 Posts
How about pasta salads too? You could put in whatever veggies you like -- shredded carrots, sliced zucchini, tomatoes, cukes -- your favorite herbs (thyme, tarragon, rosemary, etc.) -- grilled chicken, well, you get the idea! Pesto is always good too with pasta and you can serve it hot or cold.

Julie

:chef:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We do lots of fruit, green and pasta salads. I'll make up a bunch at the beginning of the week. We also use the crockpot and grill quite a bit. Make sure you cook extra burgers, chicken and sausages or hot dogs on the grill to reheat in the microwave later in the week.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts