Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am typing up my resume as we speak and Can't figure out where to place the Competition# for the position that I am applying for on my resume or my Cover Letter. Could someone please assist me?

TIA,

Precious

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
What is a competition #? If it is like a job code or job #, I would either put it right after the address or put it in the second line after the company name. Or just do regarding:job #

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
No--if it's the same thing that I'm talking about, it would go after the business's address (or as I said above). So on the envelope that you are addressing to them, it would be line two or the last line. Example: Abc Company
123 Main Street
Anywhere, USA 02899
Re: Job Code 1234

OR: ABC Company
Attn: Job Code 1234
123 Main St
Anywhere, USA 02899

And then, on your cover letter, your name and address would be at the top of the page (centered), then on the left side, you would address the company, then Re: Job code # and then start the letter To Whom It May Concern (unless you have a name): begin letter.

I've never heard about a competition # (maybe it's a Canadian thing), but around here they sometimes give job code numbers to reference. That is what the above instructions are for.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
By the way--you wouldn't put it on your resume.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If the competition # is a job # I would put it on your cover letter not as part of your resume. My cover letter is set up like a regular letter, name, address, phone # at the top. Then the date, then below that the company I am applying to. I would put the job # below this. Something like Re: Job #.

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts