Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need some suggestions on re-doing my bedroom. My dilemma is that I have burgandy carpet and I am not sure what other colors I could add to the walls or what color I should look for in accessories and bedding. I really wish we wouldnt have put in that color carpet now, but 5 years ago I was really into the burgandy/green theme. My bedroom furniture is a cherry color. TIA!

·
4,028 Posts
Would other jewel tone colors go with the carpet like saphire blue and emerald green? It could be lightened up with splashes of gold and metalic accents.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
What do you like? Italian, Traditional, Country etc?

You can always paint the walls white and add colored accessories. The carpet can be downplayed with smaller throw-rugs or furniture placement.

It comes down to what style you like and we will have a better idea of the kind of ideas to offer.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I recently redid my bedroom! I painted the walls a cream color (technically it's apricot haze) and I'm using a red/burgundy as an accent color and a chocolate brown as the color of my bedding/curtains, etc. It's way prettY!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not sure what my style is...lol I like iron, black picture frames, candles.
I think it might be contemporary, but I am not really sure. My husband calls my style "pretty". I am definately not a country style type. I love the country style, I just dont decorate with it.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
you could always paint the walls a light ecru - to open up the space a bit more.

colours with burgundy:

green - just about any kind
blue - darks are great, light blues help to "lighten" the room
whites - especially beige
pink - rose to lighten it up
black - but it sounds like you want some "brightness"
pale yellow - accent only

change bedspreads to something lighter in colour.
change drapes/curtains to something lighter in colour.
accent pillows, wall pictures, posters, etc. all add an atmosphere and the colours in those count as well!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking blue. what color is your walls?
my walls right now are off white, but have to be painted. I have been searching the web most of the day to come up with an idea.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I'd either do shades of beige/taupe to lighten it up a lot or I'd stick in the same color line all the way down to pale pink (think like a collection of roses that go together nicely).

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am not sure what my style is...lol I like iron, black picture frames, candles.
I agree, black. Black goes beautifully with jewel tones, really balances it. Notice in jewelry stores the stands are usually black velvet?

A nice, creamy beige would be good too, if you hate black. With a strong color like burgundy, I would go for a neutral so the room isn't jarring.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would pick your bedding and go from there. Get an idea on where the whole room will go from the colors in the bedding. You could go really light and creamy with bedding and gauzy window treatments and use black as an accent with throw pillows, picture frames and lamps. I think this would be really pretty!

Or you could go with a much more bold bedding style which has many colors in it and choose accessories based on that. Let us know what you decide! Sounds like fun!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts