Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband's sister passed away while her and her family were off camping. She never actually "married" her husband. He needs a family member to sign some papers. DH and his brother are off camping until Tuesday. There isn't any cell service where they are.

Does anyone know if their Aunt will work to sign the papers? What about me, would I work? I am only a sister-in-law.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
What kind of papers do you need to sign? Also were they common law married? Might want to check that with the state.

Depending on what type of papers need to be signed, it might be either a common law spouse or married spouse or a relative (blood related).

Reactions: zakity

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It had to be a blood relative. Their Aunt is taking care of whatever needs done.

I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
590 Posts
My condolences, I am glad that your Aunt was able to sign whatever is needed in the interim until your hubby and his brother can be located. I would think that game officials and or state police or park officials, whoever over sees where your hubby is camping would have a landline and ability to reach him to come home sooner than Tuesday.

·
Registered
628 Posts
What a shock that must have been. I'm sorry for your family's loss.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
sorry to hear about your loss. Glad your Aunt was able to take care of things. Hope you can get in touch with your hubby and his brother.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts