Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get something out as I have no one to talk to...I have a stalker. This is someone I used to know who didn't like my rejection. Six months of endless texts, insults and horrible things. Asking former friends about me etc. I have had zero contact with this person. Not answering calls or responding to anything except today when I finally got so depressed and helpless. I told him I would go to the police immediately if I receive any further contact at all. So far i have had a 3 hour break. I am exhausted and his insults are so terrible it's heartbreaking. I don't deserve this,I am a good person. Thank you for listening.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Oh please be careful. This is nothing to take lightly. I would suggest to go to the police also.
I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
UGH, stalkers are a pain. Rather than threaten to go to the police, just do it. Also, change your number if you can because one of their favorite tactics IS to wear you down. THAT is the relentlessness of it, the tiny hope that you will give in, that you will "come around". Stalkers can either shift gears and find someone else or they can escalate to very dangerous behavior. This has gone on too long, report him.

Hugs. Been there, done that. Your safety comes first and that of your family as well.

Reactions: pollypurebred39

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will go in the morning. I had spoken to an officer about it before and the concern is sometimes a restraining order can escalate the rage ( this person has not been to my home) and was told to ignore all contact and log all texts, call etc. but I'm at the end of my patience and sanity.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I would go to the police as well. And everytime he violates the restraining order immediately call the police...he will be locked up...order some pepper spray and carry it all times....have protection in your home, a baseball bat or something...just in case....You need to protect yourself! These people are crazy! I have been in your situation...it will get better...but in the mean time it's so hard! My prayers are with you!

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I will go in the morning. I had spoken to an officer about it before and the concern is sometimes a restraining order can escalate the rage ( this person has not been to my home) and was told to ignore all contact and log all texts, call etc. but I'm at the end of my patience and sanity.
Are you keeping the messages?

He hasn't been to your home that you know of. If he keeps getting a reaction out of you (I know its difficult not to respond) then he will keep escalating.

Change your number. Its a start if you aren't ready to do a restraining order. Make it unlisted. A hassle once, peace for a very long time until he gets a hold of it. If you are very selective in who you give the new number to you might be able to figure out how he's getting it. Be careful what you post online, he may find out your whereabouts by things you are posting on Facebook or a blog. You want to reduce the exposure of your life to this person as much as possible. Every tiny moment he gets of you just keeps the obsession going.

Reactions: pollypurebred39

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
A personal Taser goes a long way toward keeping your peace of mind.

It may be that your threat to go to the police was enough to stop him, but I agree with the others. If you have been logging his calls/texts, take those with you.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are you keeping the messages?

Yes, I have all of them. More than a thousand over the time.

He hasn't been to your home that you know of. If he keeps getting a reaction out of you (I know its difficult not to respond) then he will keep escalating.

Agreed. He has had no response at all from me until today when I said I'm going to police.

Change your number. Its a start if you aren't ready to do a restraining order. Make it unlisted. A hassle once, peace for a very long time until he gets a hold of it. If you are very selective in who you give the new number to you might be able to figure out how he's getting it. Be careful what you post online, he may find out your whereabouts by things you are posting on Facebook or a blog. You want to reduce the exposure of your life to this person as much as possible. Every tiny moment he gets of you just keeps the obsession going.

Thankfully I don't do facebook or a blog.
Thank you all... It is so helpful to me right now.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A personal Taser goes a long way toward keeping your peace of mind.

It may be that your threat to go to the police was enough to stop him, but I agree with the others. If you have been logging his calls/texts, take those with you.

Fortunately I have a license to carry and do...but obviously that would be a last resort to protect myself or family.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Lynn I will say a prayer for you and your safety. I agree about going to the police right away although I understand your fear that that may be the thing that sends him to the next level. Please be careful and keep something handy to defend yourself if you need to. I think a taser or pepper spray or both is a great idea and I would change the phone number also . Maybe an officer would come to you instead of you going to them. Are you afraid to move around normally ? Good luck and let us know how it goes. Again, please be careful.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lynn I will say a prayer for you and your safety. I agree about going to the police right away although I understand your fear that that may be the thing that sends him to the next level. Please be careful and keep something handy to defend yourself if you need to. I think a taser or pepper spray or both is a great idea and I would change the phone number also . Maybe an officer would come to you instead of you going to them. Are you afraid to move around normally ? Good luck and let us know how it goes. Again, please be careful.
Thankfully I have been able to go about my daily routines. This person has no job or life so he has plenty of time on his hands. He claims I have done him wrong. He is seriously nuts. I couldn't imagine repeatedly trying to reach a person for months and months and getting no response. I was hoping he would go away if I completely ignored him. No such luck. Makes my skin crawl.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Sorry Lynn you are going through this. Please call the police for your safety and sanity sake. I will keep you in my prayers. As others have said keep a record of all texts , calls and calls to your friends.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I will keep you in my thoughts. As others stated, go to the police. Also, make sure your friends know that this has been happening especially if you think that they may know him. That way they may refrain from talking about you where he can hear it. Good luck- remember you did nothing wrong and this will eventually end.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.