Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok figured I'd do this for the whole site!Anyways A local radio station is running a contest you listen to a sound clip and you have to guess what it is the prize is up to $27,600!!!And the thing has been going on for a very long time.Anyways just about everything I can think of has been guessed.And now they are giving clues.

CLUE #1-its something that you would here everyday
CLUE#2-it was recorded in the studio(duh)
CLUE#3-they have a list on the website of what its not
CLUE#4-In a study in October 2002 it was researched that 80 million americans have these and you have to here the sound to be able to use it.

Here is the link to the website www.q100atlanta.com
you can click on the top left hand corner to listen to here the sound every hour.Also click on the link "What the hell is that" and it will take you to a link of all the previous answers of what its not.

Also as an added bonus if I am the 100th caller and use your answer that you have guessed or even better looked up on the net under statistics or studies then yes you will get a cut.Cause well if you helped its only fair cause I didn't do it by myself.

THANKS SO MUCH

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I went to the website just as they were doing it- to me it sounds like a typewriter.

I think the date stamp or old credit card machines were good guesses- it sounds like something along those lines.

Laura

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
wow! I just have to say I LOVE this radio station! They are playing all the songs I love, and I don't HAVE a station here that plays these songs! I mean I might, but we get crappy reception, so this is AWESOME. Thanks for sharing this!

{still listening for the sound and hoping to god I can help you figure it out} :D

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
wait a minute, did i miss it? They said that it was going to be played in a few minutes, then after a few minutes all they did was give the number and say for everyone to call in. Was it just that easy to miss?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I heard it and I think it could be the sound of a "church-key" opening a can or a bottle opener. The clue fits.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
ORRRRRR....it could be ....

A large paper cutter...like they use in schools...It slices thru a stack of papers like a hot knife thru butter!

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm wondering if it could be a child proof cap on a medicine bottle,but I think it's a item people buy and permanantly have.Like have you ever done contest online and they ask you if you own a dvde player or tv something like that.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they just said even though only 80 million people have it most people will.SO maybe if someone can help me research this cause i am clueless to this now.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Or I was thinking too it could be a 3-hole punch.

Laura

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's been guessed.And at 10 this morning someone guessed it.I had this one on my list and it was a cell phone charger being pluged into the cell phone.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
OH, NO! I just went to see and I saw it was won...Sorry Amanda. But I would have never guessed it right...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts