Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have completed 6 hours of college credit this summer. I am about ready to lose my mind! If I have to stay up until midnight, I will not go to sleep until this one is done! I am trying to move up on the pay scale and taking summer classes seems to be the best way for me to get them done. I feel like I haven't had a summer or played with my kids nearly s much as I have wanted to. So, I will finish this class tonight and we will spend all this week playing, hanging out and doing fun stuff since we get back into school mode on the 18th :shake: Only when they are napping will I do any housework. They can watch a show in the morning while I get my FV fix and then we are off! Thanks for letting me vent and find my kith!

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I'll join you in this kith!!!

Even though my graduation ceremony was July 19, my final class does not end until September 1. I HATE THIS

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I am so ready to be done also, though I still have a couple more years. I just finished 8 credit hours a couple weeks ago, and I am scheduled for 16 credit hours fall semester. Starts on the 18th. My husband has been told not to let me take classes next semester, I had no time to do anything with the kids and hated it.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nichole & Justpeachy92~
We should throw ourselves a party! Friday night margaritas (as suggested by the crock pot lady, I REALLY like her). Get the kids in the tub and into cozy jammies ~ margarita #1. Put them to bed and then just sit around and watch brainless tv or read a brainless book, while, of course, drinking margaritas. I am going to the library today to find some brainless reading *sigh* I almost forgot what it was like to read without highlighters, post-its and pens near by! Congratulations ladies! It WILL be worth it!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Congrats to all of you on completing (ok, premature in some cases - but you WILL deserve the congrats soon!) If you are like me, you will feel this way for some time, and then there will be a reason to take another class or two, and you will do so. Try not to take on too many at once. I ran into a formula several years ago that said during a normal (15-16 week) semester, expect to spend at least 2 hours out of class for each credit hour each week for a passing grade - that means that registering for 16 hours is really committing to 48 hours per week of effort on your classes (and then add in transportation time if you don't live on campus). Looked at in that light, taking a couple of classes while working full-time (often over-time) becomes a much more serious issue. I could do it when I was younger, but have definitely slowed down in my forties.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts