Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have mentioned it in the Apothecary's Corner before but I've been taking Royal Jelly now for about 3 months. I *thought* it was making me feel better, have more energy but I wasn't certain. WELL I ran out of it for about 2 weeks and I have to tell ya I felt like hammered poop! My joints ached, I was sooooo tired I didn't feel like doing anything, just generally cruddy. I got some the day before yesterday and have been taking it 3 times daily and I can already feel the difference. It's not just in my head, it's in my toes, my knees, my back.....no joke. I highly recommend it, esp. for us third agers. I get the walmart brand, haven't tried the other more expensive type. I wonder if it's any better, really? hhhhmmmmmm. Anyone else take it?

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I have taken Royal Jelly before too and you are right, it is good stuff!! I bought mine from QVC and paid a little bit of money for it. I didn't realize I could get Walmart brand!!! I will have to go and check it out. What I used was a pill form-it is like a soft gel type pill. I also had the stuff you could eat off a spoon or spread on toast!

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The type I buy, and the only type I've seen at Walmart is a gelcap type pill. It's not too expensive either. I think it's a great product. Keep me posted gals, if you give it a try. I'd be very interested in your results.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I'm going to try it. I've thought of trying it for years, but at the age of 42, I just don't have the energy I had at 30. Thanks for the info!

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
Wow, sounds like this is something I could really use I will be checking this out at wal-mart.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Looks like I'm going to WalMart tomorrow!

Thanks for the info. :D

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
We don't have a Walmart here but I'll check out the local Health Food Store. I think this is just what I need. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Thanks, I am going have DH pick some up on his way home tonight. I need all the help I can get regarding energy and joint relief. Thanks for the tip. I will let you know how it works for me after I have taken it for a little while.

Blessings,
Kathy

·
Registered
358 Posts
i have fibromalagia and wonder if this would work. i'm not supposed to have stress in my life and sleep 8-10 a night. yea right!!! what is in it? how long before you see results. i wonder if this could take place of my pain meds. hmmmmmm

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I got some a couple weeks ago.
Right now my stress level seems high.
I do have more energy, whether its the royal jelly or the vitamins
I do not know.
I take 1 RJ, 1 calcium and 1 multi with breakfast and then again at supper.
I am also sleeping better, not sure if its because i have more energy and make myself more tired or what.
I have also kicked the dr pepper out and that may be helping too.:D

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dunno exactly what all it has in it. It's the "stuff" that the worker bees feed the queen bee. They say it's very high in b vitamins. I don't know if it would replace all pain meds. but I'm tellin' ya it really helps me. If I miss a day of taking it, I can tell it when I get out bed the next mornin' before I've had a conscious thought. I would love to hear more feedback from anyone else taking it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
well i am going to buy some friday. i hope it works, even just giving me more energy would be a blessing. at 41 i am starting to raise my 10 year old neice. man what a trial. along with doing day care, being a granny, a wife , dealing with a db who has hiv and lives with us, and having a 20 year old that just moved home.
i need all the help i can get. LOL i'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I finally bought some on Saturday and started taking it Sunday. I haven't noticed any change in my joints yet (I have arthritis) but I think I had more energy today. I sure got alot done! :D

I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Royal Jelly is on my daily list of all of my supplements(about 20 of them). I swear by my regimine and so does my dh and dd's who are only 11 and 13. We haven't been ill here in God only knows how long now. Everyone wants to know our secrets, so we share and they usually start a program of their own after a visit to their healthfood store. It makes a huge difference in the quality of our lives.:D

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Sure, I would love to share this with you here. I will begin with my morning dose. It's really important that I divide this up so that the herbs/ supplements absorb better and are not fighting for each other.

Morning........

1. Royal Jelly= Energy!!!!!!!!!

2. Milk Thistle to cleanse the liver

3. Astragulas to strenghten the immune system

3. Garlic pill to help cleanse system and heart healthy. Also helps to keep fungus and yeast from growing in the body:eek: Yes, it happens .

4. 1 T flax oil. Very healthy for the breasts and helps pervent breast cancer It is an EFA and if very healthy for the nerve function as well

5. dandelion root helps cleanse the bloodstream , gall bladder and kidneys, liver and works well with the milk thistle

6. Hawthorne berry. Good for heart function

7. CO Q 10 enzyme for heart function as well and oxygen in your body. Helps organs work better

8. black cohosh helps with pms, hot flashes etc.....

9. Green Barley powder to mix in my OJ Containes lots of enzymes that our bodies need in order to function. Once you use up your enzyme supply in your body, it starts to break down.

10. Coral calcium

Here is my evening routine taken with my dinner.

11. Evening primrose/ soy gel supplement. Another EFA and natural estrogen. Good for the change!

12. My Alive Vitamins that contain lots of vitamins, minerals, herbs and superfoods. They are new by Natures Way

13. Cranberry softgel for urinary tract health

14. Uva Ursi for bladder and UT health

15. Alpha lipoic acid as a major antioxidant/helps control glucose level as well

16. Digestive enzyme with meal

17. Cayenne Capsule for circulation and energy

18. Just before bed, Another coral calcium plus a chealated Cal/Mag supplement

19. 2 colostum capsules for the immune system

20. One more garlic pill(dh loves me for this):eek:

This is what works for me. Dh has a slightly different regimen and the dd's do also. They (dd's) don't take as many supplements as dh and I because they are younger and have much stronger immune systems etc.

I hope this helps.:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts