Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I went into a grocery store that was hiring for decorator. He saw my resume and almost laughed because I don't have much experiance. I begged for a chance, and he gave me a test run. Saw my cake and said come in tommorow (today). So I went in today and they hired me! Its 30-40 hours a week (only $8.25 because he wants to see what I can do first) but its great news! I am going to be working close to 80 hours a week but I can do it because this is going to get us out of here so much faster!!

AND I GET TO DO MY DREAM JOB!!!

Yey!!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Every cent I get from this job is going right in savings. Thats why I wanted to pick up a second job! Its going to be about $1000 extra every month to put in there!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Congratulations! I'm sure he will keep you after seeing your work, and maybe a big raise!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
congrats on the dream job!!

·
4,028 Posts
Congratulations!

Make sure you get your sleep, it will be crucial for making this work. Lay out a plan with DH so he knows that he may need to up his game (taking care of the living issues and cleaning) at home since you won't be home as much. ;)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Congratulations! What fantastic news. Do make sure you get rest though, you will need it. Hugs and blessings to you.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
I am so glad things are looking up for you. I know you've had a really difficult time. Knock 'em dead with spectacular cakes!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I'm so happy for you! :cheer4:

·
19,119 Posts
Good for you for putting in the extra effort and you get to do what you love!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Congratulations, Ashley!!!!!! so happy for you !!!!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
:lhat:awesome! congrats! you go girl! that is so great..extra $$$ and the best is you get to make that $$$ doing what you love!

just keep in mind that you have to stay healthy and get sleep while working so much! drink lots and lots water to stay hydrated! maybe a multivitamin may be in order as you will be a bit tired? just a thought! eat healthy and get rest!:smirk:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yay!! Congrats on getting to do what you love!! Take care of yourself. Dont work yourself to death!!

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Awesome news, Ashley - good job!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks all! I have to admit I am pretty worried about working 80 hours. Both jobs reqiure full time. If I cut back @ wawa I don't get bennies, and I am required to work full time @ the bakery or I can't work there. I have never worked more than 40 hours a week. I am going to try my best though!

And I did pick up a one-a-day energy vitamin. Its got everything I need plus an energy boost!

·
19,119 Posts
You can do this - it's not forever remember!! And what you'll get out of doing this is freedom and control!!

Reactions: AnW819

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
With any luck, it'll only be a few weeks and then the cake gig will realize they should hire you full time for real pay. And if they don't - when you start to get too tired, you'll just tell them that you can't keep working two jobs and while you'd prefer to stay there, it just doesn't pay enough and see if they get the hint. ;)

Reactions: AnW819

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Congratulations Ashley! That's A LOT of hours to work though....can you handle all of that? Is your husband also looking for a second job too??

1 - 20 of 49 Posts