Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they were 6for $1!
I bought $5 worth
can I freeze some of these or prepare for a serious dose of vitamin c?

·
27,948 Posts
Kelly I am 47 years old and I don't ever remember eating kiwi, isn't that nuts, hey I'm an adventurous eater but always considered them too expensive.
Enjoy your loot! I know ds loves them & ate them often with al you can eat dorm food.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kelly I am 47 years old and I don't ever remember eating kiwi, isn't that nuts, hey I'm an adventurous eater but always considered them too expensive.
Enjoy your loot! I know ds loves them & ate them often with al you can eat dorm food.
isn't that funny?!? that's when I fell in love with then
I rarely buy them though because usually ON SALE at our local Krogers they are 2 for $1

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Great deal. We like kiwi here at our house, but don't buy them often. I have no idea if they freeze well or not. Maybe someone else will know. Enjoy!

·
Registered
460 Posts
You could peel, chop and freeze them and then use them frozen in smoothies. I do that often when I have too many bananas, chop them up and put them in a baggie. Then toss a few frozen chunks in the blender with some milk and yogurt. The frozen fruit makes it all slushy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's great about the deal you got!

The weird thing is - here in Kentucky of all places - I paid only 39 cents each on Monday. At Wal-Mart. Wonder why they were so cheap?! They're delicious, though.

DS is a new convert to kiwi. And any kind of fruit he will eat, I tend to stock up on. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts