Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about your guys homeschool day! I want to homeschool sooooo bad but Iam soooo scared! I have always wanted to homeschool but I do not feel competent enough! Next year if we decide to do it,I will be teaching two instead of one, formally anyway. how do you guys fit all that activity in a day and still feel not out of your minds! When you guys first started what did you do? Schooling? Curiculim? Dis you guys feel as out of touch as I do?
I need some major advice here!:hugz:

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I started with a boxed curriculum -- Sonlight. That gave me the confidence to go part of it alone.

We like Saxon math, Wordly Wise Vocabulary, and Handwriting Without Tears.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Well I never knew any differnt....LOL, we've always homeschooled.

I would use the next year to read about all the different educational theories and homeschool styles and you may find the right fit for you and your family.

I use the Charlotte Mason / classical style. Emphasizes good literature and great mentors.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
The year my dd was 4, I read EVERY book on homeschooling that my library carried. Then when she was ready for Kindergarten, I had sorted out a lot of the information and had developed the confidence to proceed.

Are your children young? Kindergarten takes about an hour a day. Once your child is reading, they are able to do some studies independently of you. I feel like I have more time for 'my' stuff now than I did when the girls were, say 2yrs & 4yrs old.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts