Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every year I look forward to spotting my first hummingbird of the year, today is the day!:) They just make me smile. Happy Spring!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
happy spring!! i look forward to robins as well as humming birds, saw a robin last weekend!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
How exciting Darlene. Every year we wait for the Robins, Hummingbirds and the Orioles. So far we've only seen the Robins but they've been here for quite awhile already. I have the feeders out for both the Hummingbirds and the Orioles, but haven't seen any.

I agree, they always mean spring is finally here.

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I keep looking out the window to see what I can find next. Yesterday I saw a Pileated woodpecker and when I looked at one of my feeders a few min. ago there were a pair of Rose Breasted Grosbeaks. If I'm lucky I spot Orioles, Indigo Buntings, & Scarlet Tanengers as they pass through. Great time of year for bird watching.

Do you remember me telling you guys about a crazy female cardinal that loves to peck at our livingroom windows? Well it also likes car mirrors and has decided today that my back door window is pretty cool too. Hour after hour this crazy bird does it's thing with the male close by.:loop:

Thanks for listening to me...this is just one of the things that gives me great pleasure and I can't help but tell you all about it.:heartsm:

Keep your eyes open ladies, they are coming.:)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
we had woodpeckers 2 years ago here. I don't know the difference in sexes, but there was one that thought pecking at our fireplace vent cover was lots of fun....we didn't htink it was so great after a bit, lol. s/he would peck, peck, peck at it for a while, go away and come back and do it some more. I like it though when it is real quiet outside and off in te distance I can hear one pecking at a tree or pole.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Happy Spring, Darlene! I don't know much about birds, but I have been seeing a few coming on my fence. And I've been hearing them early in mornin, singing. :)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Oh you're so lucky! I love hummingbirds and I have NEVER seen a 'real' one in my whole life - only pictures :( They are tiny birds aren't they?

I would love to see a hummingbird :angel: Enjoy the spring xxx

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Yes Bev, they are the world's tiniest ! They are an awesome site..... They look like flying jewels........ Cardinals stay all year here, we have had Robin's for a few weeks now, the swans are back and that is a beautiful site ! I love to see them fly......

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Ohhhh I will be on the look out for the hummers!! I love them!! Thanks for the heads up Darlene!! I love hearing about all the wildlife.

The bald eagles near my house have eaglets in the nest!!! I am so excited!!I hope I get to see them fledge this year!!!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I'm a little late in getting my feeder out, but I just set it out today. I love seeing them too. :) Last year, they visited often. Zachary was so excited to see them too.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Spotted my first yesterday. :) I was so excited. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Had my feeder out for a couple of weeks and now I have a couple that visit it all the time. I love to sit here at the computer and watch them fighting over who gets to eat! :cool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Lucky!
Alittle too early here, but I love hummingbirds too. We are headed out this weekend to do some shopping and I need to pick up a new feeder, I broke the one we had lst year when I dropped it while cleaning it for the season, it was beautiful red glass, I'll be looking for the same type.

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
halo475 said:
Ohhhh I will be on the look out for the hummers!! I love them!! Thanks for the heads up Darlene!! I love hearing about all the wildlife.

The bald eagles near my house have eaglets in the nest!!! I am so excited!!I hope I get to see them fledge this year!!!
Eagles nesting near you~ you lucky girl! I'd be excited too.:)
We did have a couple of them fly by often over the winter but haven't seen them lately.

Dh & I were sitting at the dinner table and had to laugh as we watched a hummingbird chase a chickadee all around a big bush in front of our window. Must have chased it for a min or more. Zoom zoom. Hummingbird won.:D

Glad more and more of you are getting visits from these little flying wonders.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts