Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Then everything will be okay. :D

Of course I gotta give a bit of background. DH is in the Army. The plan was that he was going to deploy early next year and while he was gone I was going to use the extra money to pay off our vehicals (my truck and his motorcycle) and put some into savings for a down payment on a house. He was going to come home from deployment, get of the Army and go into Texas highway patrol. It was a great plan! We would be debt free and set up nice. But noooooooooooo.... Darn Army. Haha.

While I am jumping for joy that DH isn't deploying (as far as we know right now, subject to change of course but we go off what we know.) and not leaving me here to fend for myself with 3 kids under the age of 5 while I'm worried sick about him. But now he will be getting out of the Army in December! He has already pretty filled out the high way patrol application and we are seeing about when the academy starts next year. I think he's going to drive to Texas this weekend to hand it in and get the process started.

So this means I only have 8 months to save up enough money to have a baby (I'm due in November) AND be able to pay for moving to another state in January, like renting a house, deposits, renting a moving truck while possibly going a month without a paycheck. :yikes: :nerv2:

I'm pregnant. I don't need this stress. I laid in bed for 2 hours worrying so I came out into the living room to work the budget. If we really crunch I can save up $2400-$2800 in 8 months. I'm going to talk to DH tomorrow about cancelling the cable TV (but keeping the internet) to save a bit more. I know I'm going to need about $700 for this baby (less if I'm having a boy but I'm having girl feelings. :D) for all the fun stuff that comes with babies since I already have away some of the stuff I had with my boys. I'm going to relook my baby list to see about what I can cut to save even more.

Okay, I had my freak out moment. I know we can do this. Because I think we can, I think we can, I think we can. :lol3: I feel a lot better now that it's all down on paper. And since DH isn't awake I just wanted to "talk" to someone. :) Aren't yall lucky? Haha.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Your're only seven weeks pregnant. You don't need to be stressing out. It's going to work out. I think it's good that your DH will be getting out of the military. I'd be worrying sick about him being in Iraq if I were you. Saving a little bit of money here and there does add up like dropping the cable. Just be sure to put the savings in a special account so that you don't "spend" it.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I'd be jumping for joy if I were you. Just take it as it comes do your best to plan for the inevitable but enjoy the pregnancy and having your husband at home. All will work out :hugz:

·
Registered
204 Posts
When you move be sure and weigh you moving vehicle empty then full and get the rescipts(sp) and for gas to because the army has to pay you expencises. they paid us over a $1000 when we got out of the army. The heavier the truck the more money you will get. I have heard of people driving cars onto uhauls and weighing them. It takes a little while after for move to get you money but it is nice when you do get it. Also I think you have to keep up with your milage to. I think it is called a didy move or something like that. Have your husband ask about it because he will have to have paper work to mail in. Try not to stress to much, everything will fall into place.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Cheap: The army will pay for your last move up to the distance of your home of record. I just asked dh and he told me this so thats money you wont need

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don't stress, all will work out, Texas is great!! you will look back on all of this after the move and the baby gets here and wonder why was I stressing about this, just take care of yourself and that baby, you guys are number one right now and be thankful that your husband is staying home with you. All will be ok, take care

Where in texas? I am north of Dallas..

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Army screwed up plans but yup, I'm really happy DH isn't going to deploy anymore. :) It just threw me through a loop because of finances. I'd take messed up money plans with an at home DH any day. :smooch:

Yes, I know about DITY moves (I've done it a few times.) and we would still need that money up front and be reimbursed later. We are going to figure out which would be better for us cost wise but the problem with having to Army move us is we aren't going to our home or record, Tulsa, OK which is only 200 miles away and DH is going to find out if they will move us down to Austin, Texas (about 300 miles away).

I've moved 6 times in the last 3 years and I was looking forward to staying in one place for 2 years but I'll have one year of not moving by December. I'm happy. Haha. Then after 6 months in Austin, we will be moving again to Dallas. I hate moving!!

I'm feeling a lot better today. At midnight my brain wasn't really working that great. :D Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't stress, all will work out, Texas is great!! you will look back on all of this after the move and the baby gets here and wonder why was I stressing about this, just take care of yourself and that baby, you guys are number one right now and be thankful that your husband is staying home with you. All will be ok, take care

Where in texas? I am north of Dallas..

Thanks. :)

We will be in Austin for 6 months (training) then we want to near Dallas. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts