Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sons has been dating the same girl about 18 months. Her 38 year old aunt passed away. The visitation is tonight. I really should go to show my support for her and her mom but I just can't.

Today would have been my brothers 39th birthday had he not died in September. Besides having a heck of a bad cold I am just absolutely miserable today on my brothers birthday. I can not believe how hard this day hit me. He was so excited to celebrate this birthday he never made it to because if all the 1's in 01/11/2011.

I am having a plant delivered to their home this morning and do hope they understand . I dont know if I should explain or just let it go with sending my condolences with the card and plant being delivered.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
My sympathies are with you on this difficult day. Send the plant and card and explain later to your son's girlfriend. I am sure she will understand. :hugz:

Reactions: nodmicks

·
4,028 Posts
I think they will understand very well. Hugs to you.

Reactions: nodmicks

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks you two. I hope they do. I'm sure my son will mention it when he goes. I feel bad letting him go alone after all it is hard for him also. I'm hoping my husband will go with him tonight.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
:hugz:

I have gone to ONE funeral since my late husband's 11yrs ago and that one was just last summer. It was still too hard, I wasn't able to stay for the entire thing. It will be a looooooooong time before I go to another one.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:hugz:

I have gone to ONE funeral since my late husband's 11yrs ago and that one was just last summer. It was still too hard, I wasn't able to stay for the entire thing. It will be a looooooooong time before I go to another one.

Hugs I know what you mean! Sadly we had one shortly after my brothers for hubbys 48 year old cousin. I was a wreck because I cared for her and all her family and also because I was still grieving my brothers recent passing and knew just how they all felt.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I know the feeling except I don't want to celabrate anything. My son' b-day was july 26th and my grandaughters is the same day. It was really hard last year.
Just let her know that you are with her is throught.
Fern

·
27,948 Posts
They know you are thinking of them. Be kind to yourself.:heartsm:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.