Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bought myself a learn to knit kit a few weeks ago, and today I started to knit. It's addictive!!! I'm not the best knitter, but then again, I'm still pretty new. I'm knitting a scarf for dd first. Seems easy enough. From there, I'll see what else I can do. But for now, I'm happy with working on my little scarf!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
it's really addictive isn't it? I drool over the work everyone does. I'd love to see it when it's done. What kind/color yarn are you using? What book didja get?

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
That's awesome, be sure to post pics of the scarf once you've finished :)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
That's wonderful that you are learning a new skill. Be sure and post a pic when it's done. I'd love to see it.

·
27,948 Posts
Good for you Amy! She coming over often & asking "Is it done yet?" :D

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Good for you. I'd love to learn to knit but my quilting hobby keeps me pretty busy. I have three projects going.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Yah! Another Knitter :toothy:

Can't wait to see the finished product!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
It is a wonderful hobby isn't it? I love it. I am a new knitter also. I bought the Learn to Knit kit also but I had a really difficult time making heads or tails of the illustrations in the book but I found a wonderful site with great instructions and lots of how to videos to help...
www.knitttinghelp.com
There are videos for most stitches and the webmaster who does them makes them so easy to understand. There is also a section with links to patterns to knit.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
amy, thats great another knitter. I love knitting but my fav is crochet only because its faster. Let us know how your coming along and take pics.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I picked up a Teach Yourself to Knit Kit and it's whupping my butt. It didn't help that my son kept trying to lick the needles.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
WTG Amy! :thumb: Can't wait to see some pics! :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Awesome Amy. I started knitting a few months ago and I too am addicted.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Just watch out! First you start with a few extra skeins of yarn; before you know it, you've acquired enough yarn to insulate the attic.

All on sale, of course.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Just watch out! First you start with a few extra skeins of yarn; before you know it, you've acquired enough yarn to insulate the attic.

All on sale, of course.
LOL Early Bird, too funny, but so true. I just bought several skeins of yarn on sale at Hobby Lobby. Has anyone ever seen the Yarn Bee brand they have there? I got their Italia for $2 a ball in some of the most amazing colors. Also, the yarn, even though it's synthetic is to die for. It's so soft and silky. I am making a baby blanket with it right now for my neice who is expecting her first in July.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts

All on sale, of course.
Have you been in my house :whistle:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts