Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot to figure in my bonuses, and that will pay for my house taxes, so if I'm very, very frugal I can stay where I am, at least for now. I'm trying to get into another job at work. I've talked to my boss about it. I was doing it before, but I had some personal issues that made me not be able to do it, so I stepped down, but now I think I can handle it. I'm going to talk to my store manager on Friday about it. The position will lead into management in a year, so that will be LOTS more money...almost double what I'm making now, and it's not as physical. There is someone leaving that department who is full time, and someone moving up into that position, so they'll be needing a full time person there.

Wish me luck! I think if I can get back into that job, I'll be o.k. for the time being anyway. The company I work for is actually a great company, and one of the only places I know where you can get into management without a college degree. Our store manager has a high school diploma, and he makes about $100,00 a year with bonuses. It takes about 5 years to get into store management, if you really work hard. I'd be 60 by then, but my last store manager was 57, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Anyway, I don't know if I would want to go that far. I'm thinking that department manager (about $60-70,000 a year) would be fine for me. As frugal as I am, that would be like being a millionaire! LOL

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Good luck! I hope you get the position you are wanting.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
wishing you luck! :D

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Good Luck!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Good luck, I hope everything works out for you! :)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Good luck to you. I hope it all works out for you :) .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts