Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I've been sick on and off since early November. Mostly just head colds with the sniffles. I would be sick for a week, be better for a few days, get sick again, be better for a week, get sick again.

well I was just sick with the head cold during Christmas and New Years. Yesterday I started again but this time its different. Its in my chest, its very painful when I cough and I have pin & needles in my nose.

I've been taking a multi vitamin, 1000mg of Vitamin C and Airborne every day since the beginning of December in trying to build my immune system.

And of course we are expecting 10-20" of snow tonight- tomorrow so my doctors office will more than likely be closed. I'm going to try the clinic that is near my house but I have to say I AM SICK OF BEING SICK!!!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
So Sorry Judy Hope the Dr can help you!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I'm sorry. I think you definitely need to see the doctor. I hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
It sounds a lot like pneumonia - I've had that several times. I hope you can get in to the doctor - if not, consider the emergency room - this can be very serious!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I hope you feel better soon! :hugz:

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
Yes, please see a doctor. Even if it should be nothing serious, it's horrible to be sick for so long. I hope they can clear it up soon.

By the way, if you develop a fever with the chest congestion, you definitely need to see a doctor as soon as possible. It really could be pneumonia.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well I'm not going anywhere today. We have at least 20" of snow on the ground and its still coming down. The plows are just going by now. I honestly don't have the energy to shovel the driveway right now.

Hopefully I'll start to feel better later but for now I'm not going any where.

but really, you think its pneumonia? thats not good at all!

I appreciate all the support! that makes me feel better :)

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
frugal is fun,

FYI - If you need GOOD cough medicine, those clinics won't prescribe it. I would go to your doctor (when you can get out).

I was coughing my head off a couple of months back and they would only prescribe a mild cough suppressant and decongestant. I was unable to sleep and pulled a muscle in my back I was coughing so badly. I ended up having to go to my doctor. So I paid two co-pays and two prescriptions!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
frugal is fun,

FYI - If you need GOOD cough medicine, those clinics won't prescribe it. I would go to your doctor (when you can get out).

I was coughing my head off a couple of months back and they would only prescribe a mild cough suppressant and decongestant. I was unable to sleep and pulled a muscle in my back I was coughing so badly. I ended up having to go to my doctor. So I paid two co-pays and two prescriptions!
I'm going to call my regular doctor in the morning. My Ex husband is going to come over in the morning to dig me out. God bless that man!

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I'm going to call my regular doctor in the morning. My Ex husband is going to come over in the morning to dig me out. God bless that man!
I believe you are the only person I've met that has said that about their ex. It made me laugh.

I hope your doctor's visit gets to the bottom of this! You've got to get well soon, being sick for so long is so wearing on the body.

Hugs and a cup of tea to you.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i noticed your sons age - is this his first year in school ?? if so kids and their parents tend to get sick alot due to things they havent been exposed to alot before are now coming in and out and being re-exposed as kids sent their kids to school sick instead of keeping them home .

i would get to see a dr when you can also -
could be pneumonia could be a sinus infection - could be just a bad cold that wont go away but best to be sure -

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.