Frugal Village Forums banner

I thought she was friend...VENT*long

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  frugalfranny 
#1 ·
So I have this "friend" who I met when we were neighbors....we have kids the same age and clicked really well. We moved from the street about 3 yrs ago but we have remained friends. Our youngest sons( my ds 13 hers 12) are playing football together again and being coached by her DH. Well our family had an AWESOME 2 days of football starting Friday when my 15 yo DS played and doubled dressed JV and Varsity as a sophomore....my DS 14 freshman intercepted a pass and scored then Sat. my 13 yo caught a ball ran...a few yards b4 being tackled. Just an all around good weekend for me! So I put the following on my facebook:
B4 DS13 game
Are you readyyyy for some footballllll?!?!?!?! WAHOOOOOOO I am! LETS GO Little LOBOS!!!!!! Looking forward to game 4 of my weekend :)
After the game :
Of course they kicked butt!!! My baby got the ball!!! It has been an AWESOME football weekend for the Rodriguez family!!!! Looking forward to many more!!!

Here was her status update immediately following:( we have NO mutual friends)

‎~Kicked butt Is right! But let's not get it Twisted now....MY son caught the pass n ran w/the ball 20sumthin Yards?! LOL! Either way the were ALL Awesome! =) ♥ MyLilMan!

My response:
well since my son had no starting postion....for some unknown reason to me....I was pretty happy with his catch! :) Eddie rocked I surely didn't say he didn't! :)
(Her DH plays and has ALWAYS played favorites.)

I felt this was directed AT me! I was very hurt. And felt it was not necesary. I have done SO MUCH for her and her family for the last 8 yrs. I go out of my way to pick her kids up if they need rides somewhere. I did ALL football practices/games for them.. no parents for an entire season! I would never put her kids down or say mine are better. My son plays starting position in football 2 yrs in a row...her son couldn't make the HS team and played for the park. i would NEVER rub that in....I love her kids like family. I thought we were like family. Now I just feel betrayed! Why would she do this? Sorry soooo long!

See less See more
#2 ·
yeeh that was catty of her= if she didnt put the lets not get all twisted now thing down there i wouldnt think ...so but adding that makes her look like what i call a a trophy mom -

if someone cant say something nice about their child / self/ family without putting down someone else they need to go back to high school and get past the mean girl phase .

i wouldnt have responded to her at least not publically because she looks like a fool IMO because she put down someone else.

Reactions: mom23boyz
#3 ·
When someone posts something like that on FB, I try to ignore it and see if it goes away. (More often than not it just disappears). Some just get their feathers in a knot and have to one up you. Just take pics of your kids and post your wonderful kids. Overlook the jealous people.

#6 ·
I agree with BlissMommy. It does sound as if she is a little jealous ... but woohoo! You got braggin' rights!

#7 ·
Sorry that she rained and then stomped on your parade. Agree that taking the higher road and ignoring her posts would be the smart thing to do. Mentally give her a 'whatever' look and go back to celebrating your children!! No matter your relationship with her, she decided that she needed to say her piece - definitely showing her jealousy and self-esteem issues.

#8 ·
My interpretation of what she read is- My son carried the whole game. And she felt the need to say hers too,hers too. I do think it's self esteem issues. It's so sad when you say I'm great and someone else hears "and your not". I know a lot of people that automatically carry things back to themselves that way. It's so sad they can't just share in anothers pride and joy of accomplishment.
Certain people are doing that to me as I lose weight. They feel I am rubbing into their faces when it's not about them. I just wanted to share an accomplishment.
I may ask her what she meant or why she had to add that but in a sad not angry way. It could just be a misinterpretation??

#9 ·
Although she dampened your parade because I would say jealousy. Take the high road and just let your son know that your are proud of him.

#11 ·
you could always prevent your posts from showing up on her wall automatically and do the same for hers from showing up on yours- sounds like maybe some seperation for a while might be good.

i think the diffference between saying something insensative to someones face and posting it where hundreds of people they both know can see are different . One may be done impulsively and cant be taken back as quickly - one takes alot more thought and has the potential to be deleted after re - read before hitting the post button and is purposely done to be seen by alot more than just the person its directed too .

sadly way to many people use facebook as a way of passive agressively being mean to others and its not just teenagers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.