Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a certain gift for holiday but want to stay in budget . you may be suprised at the ways to find the item for less .

So post what you are looking for and maybe someone can help or post any tips for getting items - even ones that never go on sale for less $ out of pocket .

IE Video Game consoles - IPods Ipads etc are often at a set price by Apple- Xbox - nintendo etc that the companies are not allowed to price them for less BUT you can watch for sales tha include free items - free GC to store with purchase that you can use for other gifts or if walmart even food shopping.

Free cases- covers games etc with cameras - ipods ipads etc , if you cant find a sale at least watch for a freebie with the item.

if you plan ahead you can use GC from points programs etc like swagbucks for amazon GC; to cut the costs down .

videogames
Toys r us often has buy one get one 50% off or Buy 2 get 1 free videogame sale that covers xbox - wii - DS etc
is also often good online ( although to be honet i find their shipping a bit high - but sometmes there is free shipping if a certain amt is spent)

look at out of the norm places.
Kid a thomas the tank engine fan ? or legos or knex etc craft kits use a craft store - the on sale price may be 1-2$ higher but if you can use a 50% off coupon and get one per week - you can do well.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
I'm looking for these:

I'm not finding them online for less than about $25 (with shipping). The few advertised for less have high shipping which brings the price back up.

I wouldn't even know in which brick-and-mortar stores to look for this toy, in order to follow the ads.

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Don't forget to check specials at various retailers!

One toy that Wesley wants is 49.99 at Target. It's 52.99$ at Toys R Us, but by spending over $50 in that department, I get a 10 pack of Hot Wheels cars free.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you do swagbucks you cann earn 5$ a month in GC if not more by doing daily searches , sometimes you can use them towards items sold thru amazon . are they from a TV show or a book series . who is the book or show thru

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am looking for one of those bluetooth cases/ keyboard for an ipad 2
if anyone sees any listed in any early release black friday deals or elsewhere please let me know.

right now i see them for about 80-100$ at stores but they are the name brand ones .

i see one at kohls for 49.99 and if the 30% off coupon works on it it might be worth it to get it thru kohls or online if i dont have time to shop and just immediately pay off the CC .

but if i can do better with black friday it might be worth it ,
i have $$ coming tome in staples rewards from ink trade ins etc that would go towards one at staples if they had a sale but i al also considering using the staples reward $ for something else too

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
We are trying to get a tablet for DD. Missed the one on groupon and the 1st Big Lot too,

For us-we desperately need a mattress. So That should be a process. I want a real nice one but at the best price. And in another economy it wouldnt be a gift but this year...

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
All You Magazine Subscriptions

I want to renew my mom's All You magazine subscription for Christmas and if the price is right, I would like to start getting the magazine for myself. I currently buy it off of the magazine rack for myself and have a soon to expire gift subscription for my mom. Thanks!

A2M

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ooooohhhh, I'd like an All You subscription too and I missed the last good one Amazon had. I also check slickdeals for deals as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts