Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I look around my house, i'm aware of the many things we've accumilated over the years. The stuff on the walls. The movies and DVD's that Dh keeps buying. The roll of ribbon here, the toys there.

I'm beginnning to feel sick about how much we had to pay for all of this stuff. WHY?

Part of me dreams of living on a boat for a few years. I couldn't have that much stuff there. Why not get rid of it all now and have the bare minimum now?

I'm getting in a "I WANT TO THROW THINGS OUT" mood. It's been coming on for a while, but now it's getting stronger. I just need the time and energy to clean it up.

Pray for me that things get going better.

Tonya

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Tonya, I know what you mean. Can I make a suggestion, start with small baby steps and work at decluttering that way.

If you don't start small, you'll become frustrated and quickly give up.

It will come, just take it slow. There is nothing like the feeling you get when you've decluttered, thrown things out or given them away for others to use and enjoy. I love the feel and I love the look of bare walls, spaces where there is nothing. It gives me a sense of peace.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I agree, step by step. Room by room. I get in those "wanna throw stuff out" moods all the time. Hubby is a packrat though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no problems with getting fustrated. I'm very good at seeing the problem and working it through...even if it takes a month or two.

I guess that things personally are so chaotic that I want everything else to be SIMPLE!!

Tonya

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Definitely take baby steps. Start with a room, or a corner, even.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Growing up as an army kid, we moved all the time. every 3-4 years we were throwing out our stuff so we could move to father's new duty station. So now every couple of years i feel the overwhelming urge to get rid of stuff. I give away to charities, friends, neighbors, and have attempted yard sales. (in my other posts i talked about my recent yard sales). Dh is a big time pack rat. lol, i get the house cleared out, and he brings things home. And then in a fw years i get rid of that and we start the whole process over again :toothy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts